cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG LC 240 White Edition RGB issues

spyy1
Level 7
Just installed a white rog strix lc 240 cooler, however the leds on the fans which are attached to the radiator do not light up properly. They are connected to the header connector which I plugged into the rgb header. I get only 1 green led on both fans. I have tried both RGB headers on my board (Prime X570 Pro) and also the 3 pin slot with one individual fan and get the same result. RGB Header 1 however gives no illumination for whatever reason. I have also uninstalled all aura software using ccleaner and done a reinstall but it had no benefit.

I contacted Asus support and they told me to reset the cmos which I did and still it did not help the leds to function the way they were supposed to be.

Any one have any idea on what I should do to get these working properly?

9 REPLIES 9

TheMajekalBum
Level 8
If its addressable RGB, there maybe there isa setting in your Armory Crate for the motherboard where you can specify the number of leds attached to the header and it will only light them up to that point. For example, if the strip has 20 leds and you input 2, it will only light up the first 2 leds. Maybe for some reason, yours is set to 1. You will need to, by trial and error, keep bumping the number up till all the leds are on.

Thanks for the response, I played around with the number and no luck. It was set to 120/120 by the way.

Halp

Assuming its just flawed.. Anyone know how to fix it?

spyy1 wrote:
Assuming its just flawed.. Anyone know how to fix it?

Hi
Have you fixed this? I'm having the same issues on my new build as well

Ryu_1
Level 7
spyy1 wrote:
Just installed a white rog strix lc 240 cooler, however the leds on the fans which are attached to the radiator do not light up properly. They are connected to the header connector which I plugged into the rgb header. I get only 1 green led on both fans. I have tried both RGB headers on my board (Prime X570 Pro) and also the 3 pin slot with one individual fan and get the same result. RGB Header 1 however gives no illumination for whatever reason. I have also uninstalled all aura software using ccleaner and done a reinstall but it had no benefit.

I contacted Asus support and they told me to reset the cmos which I did and still it did not help the leds to function the way they were supposed to be.

Any one have any idea on what I should do to get these working properly?

armory crate >motherbord>adressable>you got header>take left one>set to 120

Celticpower
Level 7

Hello everyone,
I had the same probelma and managed to solve it.
I joined just to give you the solution (I hope for everyone) to the problem.
Open ARMOURY CRATE -> device -> select motherboard -> addressable headers ->
Depending on how many fans you have I for example have 3 120 fans, you will have to select the connector generation for each fan.
The work them by selecting generation 1.

I hope you can understand since I used a translator to write.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)Immagine 2023-07-10 170118.png

Thank you very much for the solution. that's really what i needed! 

Tower Defense

xajiwo2875
Level 7

I will make certain to bookmark your blog and may come back down the road. I want to encourage continue your great work Kahoot Login Info