cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 keyboard not functioning

Boxman61
Level 7
Hey all,
I ran into a strange issue today upon starting my laptop and discovering the keyboard no longer functioned. To be more specific the Caps Lock is stuck on and the entire keyboard EXCEPT for the Camera and M1-5 keys no longer functions. There were no issues last night when I turned it off and now suddenly it is not functioning.
I have tried every fix I can find including uninstalling the driver, troubleshooting, Run "c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" , Filter keys on/off, textServicesFramework, ending Cortana, and I'm sure a couple of other things I cannot remember. I have also noticed that the keyboard is no longer functions in BIOS which points me towards a hardware failure except for the M1-5 keys working.

Is there anything anyone else can think of or help me with? It seems to weird that it would randomly stop functioning while being turned off, I cannot find any viruses, and frankly I'm at my wits end. any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

jdfrench3
Level 12
A loose keyboard flat cable.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

I pulled it apart and checked/cleaned all the connections. Sadly still not functioning. I ordered a replacement from NewEgg so hopefully its just a simple fix. Still strange to occur how it did.