cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Hero & Corsair H100X Water Cooler setup help please

Dragondsblood
Level 7
Hi All,

This is my first attempt at adding a cooler and would like some advice on if i have done it the right way or not please

The two cables coming from the pump unit one is to the sata power and the other 1pin connector goes to the CPU slot

The two fans that attach to the refrigeration unit are connected to one splitter and slotted into one CHAfan slot and the fans are on the top of my case blowing air out.

Is this right?

Also what is making me worry is that in fanXpert the cooler is not detected and i have 4-5 fans labeled as CPU, CPU_Fan etc that i can't change or disable and i don't know if multiple cpu fans is confusing the system.

I have 2 front and one read PWM fans attached but fanxpert see's 3 times that amount of fans!

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated 🙂

My idle CPU temps fluctuate from 24 - 40 degrees and at full load holds steady at 50 degrees so i know it is working but i don't know in if i have physically set it up right and if set up right for the software.
1 REPLY 1

AS185
Level 10
Everything is clearly explained on Corsair's website:
https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/H100X_QSG_WEB.pdf