cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need an Armoury Crate CLEAN unistaller/tool as separate software!

antony209494
Level 7
I don't think I need to explain why but here we go (again) anyway. By today so many of us have wasted hours trying to get garbage ASUS software to work around countless bugs and issues including devices dissappearing, dlls missing, enldess update loops, blank device pages, aura devices stuttering, RGB turning off and never turning back on....I can go on for a long time! :mad::mad: Unistalling/ reinstaling does jack sh*t no matter how well you clean anything from any imaginable folder, service, process, registry entry etc. It is honestly astounding how even the most advanced users cannot get this totally broken, pathetic excuse of software to work unless WE FORMAT THE ENTIRE FREAKING OS! I have never seen anything like it before in my 20 years of using PCs.

SO...Since apparently ASUS cannot fix it quickly cause whatever reasons...At least develop a tool that completely (and I mean COMPLETELY) wipes away every file,folder, process, service, registry entry and whatevever else could possibly be related to Armoury Crate and its leftovers. Honestly I don't even care if it breaks other ASUS software or hell even other apps at this point, we can fix them. What we cannot fix is this broken piece of garbage! There used to be an AURA cleaner unoficial tool which kinda worked some times for AURA sync. Now we need something even better than that.

What do you think? If ASUS cannot fix their mess they should at least give us a chance with unistalling/reinstaling without having to reinstal Windows!
3 REPLIES 3

Lord_Sinclair
Level 7
I agree to you, I also had a lot of problems with that garbage software. Check my forum post to see my problem. I need to configure my headphones and guess what? Armoury crate is the only software that lets me do that. Not working. Rog armoury/Armoury II? Not working. Tells me to unsynchronize devices from aura sync and I do not use aura sync. It's just...garbage, and a waste of time. And just today my ROG Delta and ROG Throne Qi arrived, and of course I can't configure them.

I think the real issue is the use of more than one control program and not just specifically Armory Crate. I had all kinds of issues when I was running any mix of the aura control programs. Right now I'm running ONLY Armory Crate and all my aura has been working perfect! Of course after a fresh install to clear all the other aura control program files. So, I do agree that there needs to be a cleaner tool but it needs to cover every single aura control program.

TheMajekalBum wrote:
I think the real issue is the use of more than one control program and not just specifically Armory Crate. I had all kinds of issues when I was running any mix of the aura control programs. Right now I'm running ONLY Armory Crate and all my aura has been working perfect! Of course after a fresh install to clear all the other aura control program files. So, I do agree that there needs to be a cleaner tool but it needs to cover every single aura control program.

Oh no trust me it is far worse than using more than one control program. I have clean installed windows and installed Armoury Crate only. Never Aura or anything else. It still broke down randomly. It is the most sloppy, convaluted mess of software relying on soooo many services, files and processes that there way too many potential points of failure. And eventually it always fails. I like the idea of integrating all ASUS software functions for the end user in one single program (AURA lights, firmware updates, customization etc) but this needs to be done right. And choosing a UWP app to do it instead of their own software is also very bad choice imo. So until they can fix it we need that clean unistal tool for EVERYTHING not just other RGB controler apps.