cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! Rog strix x570-e gaming no boot/post problem

allansturki
Level 7
Hi guys, new member here!

I joined the forum cause I'm having this problem with my ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING, it won't boot/post when I turn on.

My setup is:
ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
RYZEN 7 3800X
WRAITH PRISM COOLER
32gb (2x 16gb) G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO 3600
GALAX RTX 2070 SUPER EX BLACK GAMING
SSD M.2 SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 500gb
HDD SEAGATE IRONWOLF 2TB
PSU GIGABYTE G750H 80 PLUS GOLD
CABINET THERMALTAKE A27 VIEW
SYSTEM WINDOWS 10 PRO

I've biult this machine myself on december/2019 and it was working normally, playing games like COD MW and Resident Evil 2 on ULTRA (using an average of 6gb of VRAM) with ok temperature, rendering 4k scenes on VRAY for Maya using all CPU cores, reaching 78-82° C (which is ok I guess), I haven't messed too much on BIOS config before doing all that stuff cause I don't understand so much of it yet, the only thing I changed was my DRAM clock to 3600mhz (cause it was configured to a lower rate) the rest of the configs were all standart, and I didn't upgraded the bios before the problem happened too, and I did noy OC'ed anything, cause I don't intend to.

So when I turn on the POST ORANGE LIGHT (DRAM) stay on for a while, showing me Q-codes 07 and 11, then it changes to RED LIGHT (CPU) and it doesn't turn off, showing me a lot of other Q-Codes after, like 00, then 31, then 51 and so on, keeps changing a lot everytime.
I've seen some other threads in this forum about similar problems with the same mobo and with others too, saying that it could be problem with the RAM memory, the CPU or even the mobo itself, some of this threads presented troubleshooting solutions, which I have tried all of them, like reseting the CMOS (with and without the board battery connected), updating the BIOS using BIOS Flashback (I even downgraded to some older versions, but in the end I cameback to the most recent biuld), trying to boot with only one stick of RAM in every slot available (I used both the sticks alone, no result), I even took off and re-instaled my CPU which is not very recommended cause it's a sensible proccess.

In the end none of the troubleshooting above solved the problem, I am desperate for help and I don't know what to do anymore, can someone help me please???

PS.: I've contacted ASUS and AMD for warranty on the mobo and CPU respectively, but NO CONCRETE ANSWER until now, it's been more than 2 days and they told me to do the same tests that I've described earlier, with no success obviously.
1 REPLY 1

Subzerooo-
Level 7
allansturki wrote:
Hi guys, new member here!

I joined the forum cause I'm having this problem with my ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING, it won't boot/post when I turn on.

My setup is:
ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
RYZEN 7 3800X
WRAITH PRISM COOLER
32gb (2x 16gb) G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO 3600
GALAX RTX 2070 SUPER EX BLACK GAMING
SSD M.2 SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 500gb
HDD SEAGATE IRONWOLF 2TB
PSU GIGABYTE G750H 80 PLUS GOLD
CABINET THERMALTAKE A27 VIEW
SYSTEM WINDOWS 10 PRO

I've biult this machine myself on december/2019 and it was working normally, playing games like COD MW and Resident Evil 2 on ULTRA (using an average of 6gb of VRAM) with ok temperature, rendering 4k scenes on VRAY for Maya using all CPU cores, reaching 78-82° C (which is ok I guess), I haven't messed too much on BIOS config before doing all that stuff cause I don't understand so much of it yet, the only thing I changed was my DRAM clock to 3600mhz (cause it was configured to a lower rate) the rest of the configs were all standart, and I didn't upgraded the bios before the problem happened too, and I did noy OC'ed anything, cause I don't intend to.

So when I turn on the POST ORANGE LIGHT (DRAM) stay on for a while, showing me Q-codes 07 and 11, then it changes to RED LIGHT (CPU) and it doesn't turn off, showing me a lot of other Q-Codes after, like 00, then 31, then 51 and so on, keeps changing a lot everytime.
I've seen some other threads in this forum about similar problems with the same mobo and with others too, saying that it could be problem with the RAM memory, the CPU or even the mobo itself, some of this threads presented troubleshooting solutions, which I have tried all of them, like reseting the CMOS (with and without the board battery connected), updating the BIOS using BIOS Flashback (I even downgraded to some older versions, but in the end I cameback to the most recent biuld), trying to boot with only one stick of RAM in every slot available (I used both the sticks alone, no result), I even took off and re-instaled my CPU which is not very recommended cause it's a sensible proccess.

In the end none of the troubleshooting above solved the problem, I am desperate for help and I don't know what to do anymore, can someone help me please???

PS.: I've contacted ASUS and AMD for warranty on the mobo and CPU respectively, but NO CONCRETE ANSWER until now, it's been more than 2 days and they told me to do the same tests that I've described earlier, with no success obviously.

Hi I just saw your post. I have the same problem. Have you found a solution?