cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC Maximus IV Gene-Z on Android device

bugslunchbox
Level 7
Hello!

I'm new to this forum, this is my first post. I'm the owner o an Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z. The board is great, I wanted a micro-ATX board that would also be a good oveclocker and I'm very happy with the decison I've made. I think this the best micro-ATX motherboard right now for the upper-mainstream market. To get to the point: is there any way to ROG Connect my motherboard to an Android device, or will this be implemented somehow in the future? I know the aplication RC Bluetooth is not supported by my motherboard, but would it work with an Bluetooth dongle connected in the ROG Connect USB port? Or could it possibly work by connecting the smartphone directly by USB cable to the ROG Connect USB port? Does ASUS have any plans to create software that would make this scenario possible?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
4 REPLIES 4

HiVizMan
Level 40
There is an App for android and the ROG iConnect as you know, and if you were to use a Bluetooth dongle it should be good to go.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks a lot! I'll try with a bluetooth dongle connected to my ROG Connect USB port and let you know how it turns out.

X-ROG
Level 15
I will check this with product managers and let you know 🙂

X-ROG
Level 15
Android RC Bluetooth - no, 3rd party hardware won't work as the Bluetooth needs to be tied into the SMbus.
iPhone iDirect will work though as this works via Ethernet from M4E to router to WiFi to Phone.