cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G51vx-rx05 webcam help

sl2827
Level 7
I know that my built in webcam was working about a few months ago. I never used it since then and now it doesn't work. Every time I try using it during skype, it keeps saying that another program was using the webcam or it can't detect it. I tried looking for the drivers but I don't know which ones I need.

My OS is Windows 7 64-bit. I went on support.asus.com to download the drivers but nothing seems to be working. I downloaded all the ones under the tab "camera" but they all had an error when trying to install. It would be nice if someone who has knowledge of these things can help me.Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

dstrakele
Level 14
Hi @s12827 - Is your webcam listed under "Imaging devices" in Device Manager? If so, what is the name of the webcam device?

RIght-click on it and choose "Properties" from the popup menu. Choose the "Drivers" tab. What developer and version is the current driver for this device.

Uninstall the driver from Device Manager and reboot, does Windows install its Plug N Play driver and resolve your issue?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Under the "imaging devices," I have something called "USB Camera." The provider for this driver is Microsoft and the version is 6.1.7600.16385.

dstrakele
Level 14
Unistall that driver from Device Manager and reboot to see if it resolves your issue.

If that fails, check out http://superuser.com/questions/99295/cam-being-used-by-another-application. It has recommendations you can try for this issue.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT