cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero VIII X570 new build failing after POST

DaveyB069
Level 7
HI Guys,

Hope everyone is keeping well in these troubled times?

I have an issue with my new build. It is a Hero VIII Wifi with a Ryzen 7 3800X, 32 Gb RAm @3600, a corsair 1TB M2 drive, Corsair 850W modular PSU and a Gigabyte 2070 Super.

I've done the Windows 10 shell on a USB stick and it boots up into the bios ok. But after you have saved and exited the bios, the Windows setup screen appears, i.e. select your language, keyboard settings etc, then the screen goes blank.

I have noticed with the 2070 that the fans are running, but there is no backlighting to the Gigabyte logo. So I swapped the card out for the old Gigabyte 1070. This time both backlighting and fans run, but exactly the same, as soon as it exits from BIOS setup, and you go to select the language in the Windows setup page, the screen goes blank. Both cards had the required power connections and were attached to the monitor using a HDMI cable, I have a display port on order.

I am really hoping that this is a bios issue and not a hardware issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Did you try running the memory at defaults rather than 3600?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Hi Everyone,

A quick update.

I have tried a display port cable instead of the HDMI and now there's no display at all. So gone back to HDMI.

Have updated bios to the latest 1302. During the BIOS setup pages it is more stable. So you save the update and go to Windows shell. It still does the same thing when the windows language set up page appears, i.e. it blanks the screen/switches of the display.

Dammit, figured it out the smart powerline multiplug extension was switching off the monitor for some reason......Duh!