ROG Member Array

On board audio vs usb Headset question

Hi, I'm in the market for a new headset. The ones I have now are the Logitech G933 (wireless). The sound is phenomenal. But they constantly restart. They are out of warranty and Logitech can't figure out why. I've had them a few years with older PC's and sound cards.

I'm sure this question has been asked, but I couldn't find it. I'm wondering if anyone with the same mobo has tried them both, on board & headset, and could tell the difference.

My question is, would the on board sound card on my Maximus X (wifi) be better if I get a headset that directly plugs into sound card on mobo vs a USB type headset again?

Thanks in advance!

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
    Storage #2SSD Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | SSD Corsair MP510 240GB | SSHD Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad PECHAM MPad-XXL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 10 64 bit 21H1/VB/19043.x

Hi,

My wife had the same headset as you (Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow with DTS Headphone:x v1 or Dolby Headphone) that she used either wirelessly or USB.

Since then, she has changed her configuration by a new 2.0 headset (Logitech G PRO, not the G PRO X with DTS Headphone:X v2), connected to the motherboard (ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming) in jack with use of amplification and the use of Surround/Upmix of Sonic Studio III with the default Music profile for all use whose gaming : the result is more than superior to the Logitech G933 in wireless/USB (the 3D sound reproduction is better on SS3 than on DTS Headphone:X v1 or Dolby Headphone, and the audio amplification of the motherboard really brings awesome power).
    Last edited by MoKiChU; 04-30-2020 at 02:21 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

My wife had the same headset as you (Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow with DTS Headphone:x v1 or Dolby Headphone) that she used either wirelessly or USB.

Since then, she has changed her configuration by a new 2.0 headset (Logitech G PRO, not the G PRO X with DTS Headphone: X v2), connected to the motherboard (ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming) in jack with use of amplification and the use of Surround/Upmix of Sonic Studio III with the default Music profile for all use whose gaming : the result is more than superior to the Logitech G933 in wireless/USB (the 3D sound reproduction is better on SS3 than on DTS Headphone: X v1 or Dolby Headphone, and the amplification motherboard audio really brings awesome power).

Awesome! That's exactly what I was looking for! I'll have to look at that headset. Curious, did she have the same issue as me? From what I researched, there were a lot of people in the same boat as me...

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
    Storage #2SSD Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | SSD Corsair MP510 240GB | SSHD Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad PECHAM MPad-XXL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 10 64 bit 21H1/VB/19043.x

Quote Originally Posted by Homeuser View Post
    Curious, did she have the same issue as me? From what I researched, there were a lot of people in the same boat as me...
    Not really the same issue (she was losing the sound on the left randomly mainly in wireless mode).

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Not really the same issue (she was losing the sound on the left randomly mainly in wireless mode).

Thanks!