cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On board audio vs usb Headset question

Homeuser
Level 7
Hi, I'm in the market for a new headset. The ones I have now are the Logitech G933 (wireless). The sound is phenomenal. But they constantly restart. They are out of warranty and Logitech can't figure out why. I've had them a few years with older PC's and sound cards.

I'm sure this question has been asked, but I couldn't find it. I'm wondering if anyone with the same mobo has tried them both, on board & headset, and could tell the difference.

My question is, would the on board sound card on my Maximus X (wifi) be better if I get a headset that directly plugs into sound card on mobo vs a USB type headset again?

Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

My wife had the same headset as you (Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow with DTS Headphone:x v1 or Dolby Headphone) that she used either wirelessly or USB.

Since then, she has changed her configuration by a new 2.0 headset (Logitech G PRO), connected to the motherboard (ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming) in jack with use of amplification : the result is more than superior to the Logitech G933 in wireless/USB (the audio amplification of the motherboard really brings awesome power).

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

My wife had the same headset as you (Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow with DTS Headphone:x v1 or Dolby Headphone) that she used either wirelessly or USB.

Since then, she has changed her configuration by a new 2.0 headset (Logitech G PRO, not the G PRO X with DTS Headphone: X v2), connected to the motherboard (ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming) in jack with use of amplification and the use of Surround/Upmix of Sonic Studio III with the default Music profile for all use whose gaming : the result is more than superior to the Logitech G933 in wireless/USB (the 3D sound reproduction is better on SS3 than on DTS Headphone: X v1 or Dolby Headphone, and the amplification motherboard audio really brings awesome power).

Awesome! That's exactly what I was looking for! I'll have to look at that headset. Curious, did she have the same issue as me? From what I researched, there were a lot of people in the same boat as me...

Homeuser wrote:
Curious, did she have the same issue as me? From what I researched, there were a lot of people in the same boat as me...

Not really the same issue (she was losing the sound on the left randomly mainly in wireless mode).

MoKiChU wrote:
Not really the same issue (she was losing the sound on the left randomly mainly in wireless mode).

Thanks!