cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING WiFi Issues

greensandal
Level 7
I have been getting consistent WiFi drop outs since switching from wired internet to wireless. I went to the driver page and installed the newest driver version (2024.0.4.102) listed on ASUS support site. This made the drop outs less frequent but it is still becoming quite frustrating that it is happening. Running the Windows 10 network trouble shooter resets the adapter and it reconnects but it does not stop the drop outs. After uninstalling, reinstalling, I am at a dead end. I have noticed that at random times in device manager that a "Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2" has been giving me a code 10 but it does not happen every day. My current situation does not allow for the use of a wired connection and do not want to buy an adapter as I would like to solve this issue.

Windows 10 Build 18363
BIOS Ver. 2401
WiFi Adapter: Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11 ac PCI-E NIC

Thank you for any help you can provide.
7 REPLIES 7

xyzbird
Level 8
I had some similar issues - see https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?116282-ROG-STRIX-Z370-G-GAMING-WIFI-PC-WiFi-Problems - this might help.

The Intel AC 9260NGW has been functioning flawlessly.

I believe I had purchased an Intel WiFi card last year. I’ll try find it and replace it. Do you have any tips on how to remove the Realtek one?*

MoKiChU
Level 40
greensandal wrote:
I have been getting consistent WiFi drop outs since switching from wired internet to wireless. I went to the driver page and installed the newest driver version (2024.0.4.102) listed on ASUS support site. This made the drop outs less frequent but it is still becoming quite frustrating that it is happening. Running the Windows 10 network trouble shooter resets the adapter and it reconnects but it does not stop the drop outs. After uninstalling, reinstalling, I am at a dead end. I have noticed that at random times in device manager that a "Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2" has been giving me a code 10 but it does not happen every day. My current situation does not allow for the use of a wired connection and do not want to buy an adapter as I would like to solve this issue.

Windows 10 Build 18363
BIOS Ver. 2401
WiFi Adapter: Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11 ac PCI-E NIC

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hi,

Here is the latest drivers v2024.0.10.114 WHQL for your Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11 ac PCI-E NIC (use Setup.exe) : Link

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Here is the latest drivers v2024.0.10.114 WHQL for your Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11 ac PCI-E NIC (use Setup.exe) : Link

I uninstalled my current driver and installed the new one last night and left the PC on over night. It had disconnected from the WiFi again. I will install the Intel card to see if that solves the problem. Thank you for your help.*

xyzbird
Level 8
It's easiest if you remove the MB from the PC casing. There are 2 securing screws for the WiFi module tin casing. Pull off board and separate the casing halves. The actual WiFi module was secured by a single screw and stuck with double sided tape to one side of the casing if I remember - lever off carefully. The 2 antenna cables are delicate and fiddly attachments. Then it's a reverse reassembly.

Get latest Intel Bluetooth and WiFi software and install. You can uninstall the Realtek bits in Device Manager.

Just seen MoKiChU's post. Too late for me but might work for you. It's on Station-Drivers as well.

Thank you both for the replies. I will try the drivers tonight and see if the problem persists while I sleep. I’ve found the Intel WiFI card just in case the drivers don’t work. Will update tomorrow!*

xyzbird wrote:
It's easiest if you remove the MB from the PC casing. There are 2 securing screws for the WiFi module tin casing. Pull off board and separate the casing halves. The actual WiFi module was secured by a single screw and stuck with double sided tape to one side of the casing if I remember - lever off carefully. The 2 antenna cables are delicate and fiddly attachments. Then it's a reverse reassembly.

Get latest Intel Bluetooth and WiFi software and install. You can uninstall the Realtek bits in Device Manager.

Just seen MoKiChU's post. Too late for me but might work for you. It's on Station-Drivers as well.

installed the Intel Card and there have been no issues with the WiFi since. Thank you for your help!*