Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    24

    Why is the GT-AX11000 so hard to find? Is it being replaced?

    Hello,
    I have the Netgear xr500 and got tired of issues with DumaOS. From my research, the Asus GT-AX11000 seems to be a lot better after the initial firmware BUT I cannot find this in stock in any major store. Is it going to be replaced or why is it so hard to find?
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array TheMajekalBum PC Specs
    TheMajekalBum PC Specs
    MotherboardTUF Gaming x570-PLUS(WiFi)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    Memory (part number)64GB TridentZ Neo 3600mhz
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX 2080 TI OC
    MonitorROG PG27UQ 27" 4k 144Hz
    Storage #1WD Black SN750 1TB NVME
    Storage #24TB Seagate BarraCuda 2.5" HDD
    CPU CoolerROG Ryou 240mm w/oled
    CaseThermaltake View 71
    Power SupplyROG Thor 1200 watt
    Keyboard ROG Claymore (CherryMX Red)
    Mouse ROG Spatha & Chakram
    Headset ROG Centurion
    Mouse Pad ROG Balteus QI & Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Bose Soundlink Mini
    OS Win 10 pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture
    Accessory #1 ROG Spotlight
    Accessory #2 ROG Magnus
    Accessory #3 Rog Terminal

    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    52

    $429.99 on Amazon right now.

    Love the one I have, though I haven't updated to the latest firmware yet. Saw posts about some people having issues with it. I haven't had any issues with the router so I'm a bit hesitant to update it.

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMajekalBum View Post
    $429.99 on Amazon right now.

    Love the one I have, though I haven't updated to the latest firmware yet. Saw posts about some people having issues with it. I haven't had any issues with the router so I'm a bit hesitant to update it.
    Oh yeah I have seen that RENEWD product selling more expensive than when it was new. NEVER going to pay for a product price gouging like that. Just curious that Newegg, B&H, Amazon, Microcenter, every big retailer is out of stock so makes me wonder if Asus is coming upon with something else as I doubt that demand is so high that they cant keep it in stock lol
    I need to read about the firmware issue you mentioned just in case.
    Thanks

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array CapricornDog PC Specs
    CapricornDog PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus K501UX
    MotherboardAsus Rog Strix Z270F
    ProcessorIntel I7 7700K
    Memory (part number)16 GB Corsair
    Graphics Card #1NVidia Titan TX
    MonitorPhillips BDM4037U 40" 4K
    Storage #1Samsung 950Pro M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 2TB 7200RPM
    CPU CoolerCorsair AIO.
    CaseCorsair
    Keyboard Logitech MK710
    Mouse Logitech MK700
    Headset/Speakers JVC Sounbar
    OS Win10 Pro 64Bit
    Network RouterAsus ROG GT-AX11000
    CapricornDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    11

    Why is the GT-AX11000 so hard to find? Is it being replaced?

    Maybe Asus are working on a new wifi 6e version as from what i read wifi 6e is close to full approval.

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by CapricornDog View Post
    Maybe Asus are working on a new wifi 6e version as from what i read wifi 6e is close to full approval.
    That is my concern..maybe I should hold on to my xr500 for a bit longer then.

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array automan3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    i dont think it is being replaced yet

    At least where I live (sweden) the gt-ax11000 is in stock in all major web retailers except one, but they had 51 units incoming 5/5. Asus has pretty recently presented a new hardware revision on this model as well, so I dont believe it is being replaced for quite some time. Corona can have very different impact on different countries regarding supply of goods , which I guess could be a reason?

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Reputation
    32
    Posts
    80

    Quote Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
    Hello,
    I have the Netgear xr500 and got tired of issues with DumaOS. From my research, the Asus GT-AX11000 seems to be a lot better after the initial firmware BUT I cannot find this in stock in any major store. Is it going to be replaced or why is it so hard to find?
    Thanks!
    Because it's very hot selling model and now it's in serious shortage, will have some stock to Amazon in later May, the supply will be back to stable from June.

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by wilsondenq View Post
    Because it's very hot selling model and now it's in serious shortage, will have some stock to Amazon in later May, the supply will be back to stable from June.
    Any update with regards to stock/availability of the AX11000 in the UK?

    It has been out of stock @ all the usual sellers for ages now. One large UK supplier is quoting availability as end of July

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by SadikP View Post
    Any update with regards to stock/availability of the AX11000 in the UK?

    It has been out of stock @ all the usual sellers for ages now. One large UK supplier is quoting availability as end of July
    yeah I bought something else. Got tired of waiting

  10. #10
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
    That is my concern..maybe I should hold on to my xr500 for a bit longer then.
    I too have the xr500 and feels like it still missing its full potential, purchased the Asus GT-AX11000 and loving it so far.... i think there's definitely night and day difference. Pricey router for sure, but its got the performance. i'm still trying to find the right tweak for performance mainly for Ethernet port pc and my console. Owned the AX11000 for a month now and loving it compared to the xr500 which is now collecting dust till 3.0 update..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •