cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the GT-AX11000 so hard to find? Is it being replaced?

shaolin95
Level 8
Hello,
I have the Netgear xr500 and got tired of issues with DumaOS. From my research, the Asus GT-AX11000 seems to be a lot better after the initial firmware BUT I cannot find this in stock in any major store. Is it going to be replaced or why is it so hard to find?
Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11

TheMajekalBum
Level 8
$429.99 on Amazon right now.

Love the one I have, though I haven't updated to the latest firmware yet. Saw posts about some people having issues with it. I haven't had any issues with the router so I'm a bit hesitant to update it.

TheMajekalBum wrote:
$429.99 on Amazon right now.

Love the one I have, though I haven't updated to the latest firmware yet. Saw posts about some people having issues with it. I haven't had any issues with the router so I'm a bit hesitant to update it.

Oh yeah I have seen that RENEWD product selling more expensive than when it was new. NEVER going to pay for a product price gouging like that. Just curious that Newegg, B&H, Amazon, Microcenter, every big retailer is out of stock so makes me wonder if Asus is coming upon with something else as I doubt that demand is so high that they cant keep it in stock lol
I need to read about the firmware issue you mentioned just in case.
Thanks

Maybe Asus are working on a new wifi 6e version as from what i read wifi 6e is close to full approval.

CapricornDog wrote:
Maybe Asus are working on a new wifi 6e version as from what i read wifi 6e is close to full approval.

That is my concern..maybe I should hold on to my xr500 for a bit longer then. 🙂

At least where I live (sweden) the gt-ax11000 is in stock in all major web retailers except one, but they had 51 units incoming 5/5. Asus has pretty recently presented a new hardware revision on this model as well, so I dont believe it is being replaced for quite some time. Corona can have very different impact on different countries regarding supply of goods , which I guess could be a reason?

shaolin95 wrote:
That is my concern..maybe I should hold on to my xr500 for a bit longer then. 🙂
I too have the xr500 and feels like it still missing its full potential, purchased the Asus GT-AX11000 and loving it so far.... i think there's definitely night and day difference. Pricey router for sure, but its got the performance. i'm still trying to find the right tweak for performance mainly for Ethernet port pc and my console. Owned the AX11000 for a month now and loving it compared to the xr500 which is now collecting dust till 3.0 update..

Toofedup wrote:
I too have the xr500 and feels like it still missing its full potential, purchased the Asus GT-AX11000 and loving it so far.... i think there's definitely night and day difference. Pricey router for sure, but its got the performance. i'm still trying to find the right tweak for performance mainly for Ethernet port pc and my console. Owned the AX11000 for a month now and loving it compared to the xr500 which is now collecting dust till 3.0 update..

Can you elaborate more on the differences vs the XR500 please?
Is it mostly for wireless or do you detect any improvements during competitive gaming wired?

wilsondenq
Level 10
shaolin95 wrote:
Hello,
I have the Netgear xr500 and got tired of issues with DumaOS. From my research, the Asus GT-AX11000 seems to be a lot better after the initial firmware BUT I cannot find this in stock in any major store. Is it going to be replaced or why is it so hard to find?
Thanks!

Because it's very hot selling model and now it's in serious shortage, will have some stock to Amazon in later May, the supply will be back to stable from June.

wilsondenq wrote:
Because it's very hot selling model and now it's in serious shortage, will have some stock to Amazon in later May, the supply will be back to stable from June.

Any update with regards to stock/availability of the AX11000 in the UK?

It has been out of stock @ all the usual sellers for ages now. One large UK supplier is quoting availability as end of July