cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find maximum RAM supported by motherboard ?

tryllz
Level 7
Hi,

I know this is not the right forum for this, but I could not find any solution anywhere else, so hoping someone might have an answer.

How to know or find the maximum RAM a motherboard supports, I mean what component in the motherboard determines the Maximum RAM.

As per the manufacturer the laptop supports 16GB (8GB soldered, 1 extra 8GB slot), but many people are adding more, and I too want to add more probally the maximum supported but without taking any risk and bear the loss if more RAM is not supported.

Crucial's system scanner fails to detect the motherboard/RAM

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

Jesseinsf
Level 10
If you look up the processor you will see that it can support up to 64GB. The issue is, if you want two channel support then you will need the same amount as what is soldered on the board. However you "might" be able to squeeze an extra 16GB in your laptop.
here is one that has the same speeds and RAM timings as the soldered onboard memory:
https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Module-1x16GB-2133MHz-Unbuffered/dp/B01ACODGMC/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&ke...

to the Asus Moderator, I'm not trying to sell anything, was kindly suggesting something. I don't work for amazon or corsair and in no means do I make anything from the link I provided above.