cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAiD problems - rampage 4 extreme

Maurice
Level 7
Please HELP.

I received my new R4E board yesterday with 2 x vertex 3 SSD's. I have followed the post on setting up the RAID config on the mb. Perfect.
Then created a raid setup with crl-I. Perfect.

Then as I exit the raid setup the pc locks up on the boot screen. If I press del to enter the Bios nothing happens.

I get a code error 62 mes. On the mb.
31 REPLIES 31

Area_66
Level 11
Reset the Bios and try again.

Thanx for the response. How do you reset the BIOS?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Enter BIOS

F5 enter
Go to SATA and select RAID as you option
F10 enter

This will mean your system is running stock default and in RAID.

Regards
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanx I did that.

Rebooted the pc. Pressed del to enter the bios. Pc loaded the raid setup. Still pressed del to enter. Pc lock. Nothing is happening. If I press crl, alt & del the pc would not reboot. Still code error 62 on mb.

M

I'm not getting any joy with this board and a raid setup.

The raid setup is not working. Now I have tried to use the sad as single drive and during the Win. 7 install I get the following

selected disk has a mbr partition table

Help please.

Area_66
Level 11
HiViz, I think the op can't even go in the BIOS, Maurice , try first to press the button at the back of the board for few secondes to see if you can go in the BIOS and proceed with the instructions of hiViz

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thanks 66 I might have missed that.

I wonder if your system is seeing your keyboard at POST

Could you move your USB keyboard connector to a different slot and see if that helps you get into BIOS

And sorry Maurice for missing that you could not get into BIOS at all.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thank you sir,

I will try that.

I get as far as installing the raid setup perfectly. Then as it leaves the raid setup screen back to the rec ROG screen the PC locks up for 5min before returning to the bios screen.