Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

error 62 is "installation of the PCH Runtime Services" , tell us more about your system, what model of RAM you have ? , I will try with only 1 stick of RAM in the Dimm D1 , the first red slot at the right of the CPU , if same problem, try with another stick at the same place. Also check the keyboard as HiViz said, honestly if you have a ps2 keyboard it’s the best for troubleshooting

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

There certainly does seem to be something amiss with your set up of your system.

Quick questions

- BIOS version?
    - Firmware of your Vortex 3 SSD?

I think that either you need to revert back to an older BIOS or flash up to the latest BIOS. That you can do without being able to access the BIOS at all as you are aware.

Will check back in a few minutes to see if there is any progress.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

HiViz, is it posible the problem can be from not having restore the default setting before flash the BIOS ? ( I read it many place, but for me if you flash it earse everything before )

ROG Member Array

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice View Post
    Please HELP.

I received my new R4E board yesterday with 2 x vertex 3 SSD's. I have followed the post on setting up the RAID config on the mb. Perfect.
    Then created a raid setup with crl-I. Perfect.

Then as I exit the raid setup the pc locks up on the boot screen. If I press del to enter the Bios nothing happens.

I get a code error 62 mes. On the mb.
    OK PLEASE HELP, i am having the exact same problem. When i set my hard drives in raid mode it fails to post and just locks up at the ASUS Rampage title screen. So i reset the Cmos in the rear and then it posts, but sets the hard drives back in non-raid mode , i forget the name atachi or something for non-raid mode. So i set raid mode again and same problem.... one time i was able to set raid mode and select boot to CD and it let me install windows, after loading the raid drivers from intel onto a flash drive, and it installed. after install finished and it restarted.... same problem motherbord wont post in raid configure of raid 0. I have tried to change many things in bios advanced settings, with no luck.. I read that it is scary to flash bios to update as it might destory the board if done in correctly, and also read on various fourms that the updated Rampage Bios doesnt work with all intel install drivers needed for the win instal. It also seems that the Rampage wont allow you to force boot to windows boot manager in the bios menu boot options. I am very new to these new sets ups and dont know many advanced termonology so if you could please break it down simple on what i need to do Step by Step i would be so happy!

PS i have read the entire thread so far and nothing seems to work

MY parts are ( all stock out of box settings inlcuding bios version and firmware)

Asus rampage IV Extream (stock bios)
    I7 3960X
    H100 Water cooler for processor.
    2x Geforce 590's in SLI config (Currently only 1 till i get system working)
    32Gigs Gskill ram

Hard drives, (Currently Radi0 with Ctrl I) 2 x Coursair Force GT (Red colored ones) 240gig hard drives
    1 extra Coursair 120 Force GT (Red colored one) (Not connected)
    2 extra regular Sata 2 TB hard drives (Not connected)
    1200 WT Thermaltake PSU
    Half-X case.

@66 Yes that is indeed a possibility, and in my view the single most common reason for a flash to fail or be corrupted. Always F5 enter then F10 and enter and thereafter boot back into BIOS and go on to flash. Very good point.

@Shankers I would suggest removing some of your ram during the intitial OS install.

Try with just two sticks.

Once you have done that do the whole F5 thing and once rebooted into BIOS set to raid for SATA and then continue with your OS install. I take it you are using the Intel SATA ports of course.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    @66 Yes that is indeed a possibility, and in my view the single most common reason for a flash to fail or be corrupted. Always F5 enter then F10 and enter and thereafter boot back into BIOS and go on to flash. Very good point.

@Shankers I would suggest removing some of your ram during the intitial OS install.

Try with just two sticks.

Once you have done that do the whole F5 thing and once rebooted into BIOS set to raid for SATA and then continue with your OS install. I take it you are using the Intel SATA ports of course.
    The install worked with all the ram had no issue. The problem is it wont post after i set it into raid mode and i hit save settings and restart. For sata Ports im using the Red ports that are the 2nd set of red ports, next to the black ports. The computer detects the Raid0 when i set it in raid mode because before it posts it shows both of my hard drives raided and says there ok and bootable, then it goes to the asus logo red rampage screen where it would normally post and it just locks up. and if i restart the computer it just does same thing. So i have to reach behind and hit reset Cmos buttion. Computer restarts and then posts but its back in Ataci mode or what ever the non-raid mode is called. So i have to reset to raid mode save settings and exit... and same problem looped... Windows did install completely once on the drives, but when it reset during the install.... it when to this problem... looped

ROG Enthusiast Array

Am not really sure .. could this be caused with how you are doing the windows setup in an Rive UEFI !!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by emaratee View Post
    Am not really sure .. could this be caused with how you are doing the windows setup in an Rive UEFI !!
    I am very new to this what does Rive UEFI !!! Mean? Help?

OK so it locks up, and what is the CODE on the LED display when it locks up?

ROG Member Array

The code is "acb2" from my rog laptop. On mother board it is b2 on rog laptop poster it says code = ACB2 information = initial rom

Any ideas?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast