Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Area 66 View Post
    error 62 is "installation of the PCH Runtime Services" , tell us more about your system, what model of RAM you have ? , I will try with only 1 stick of RAM in the Dimm D1 , the first red slot at the right of the CPU , if same problem, try with another stick at the same place. Also check the keyboard as HiViz said, honestly if you have a ps2 keyboard it’s the best for troubleshooting
    After reading this i noticed the 62 looks alot like b2 which is the code im getting. i dont think hes having a 62... the same exact issue after setting raid disks and then it freezing before posting is exactly where im at ... i hooked up a 2nd computer and set ROG connect to see code and its b2 technically AC b2 which it says is "Initil Rom"

I think if u guys fix one of ours it will fix the others lol

ROG Member Array

Update, so i went back into the Raid menu with Control I, and deleated my previous Raid zero and made a new one.. i noticed that i set it to the default raid 0 stripe and left the default setting at 36kb now down below i saw it said recommended 128, so i switched it to 128 and it booted into the windows installer just fine, so now im going to try to install windows and see what happens.... hopefully that fixed it.

ROG Member Array

Same problem, i watched it install windows fine on the raid hard drive, said windows installed complete restarting computer 10,9,8,7,6 then restarted and stuck back at red Republic of Gamers screen locked up ROG connect says "ACB2" and the box called info says "inital rom" when i look at the Mother board it says b2 or 62 pending on how you look at it.

having a hunch that the issue is with windows and the motherboard... seems when i delete the raid array, and make a new one it posts and lets me install windows or lets me into bios with hard drives detected.... seems only after i install windows does the bios not post... so it has to do something with windows or the raid controlers or something, the raid controlers im using i believe are from intel site anyone know a direct link to a set that work 100%, ive pretty muched narroed it down to this problem, that after installing windows on the raid it does this, but as long as i create the hard drives, and then exit, i can go into the bios and see the raid settings and stuff.
    Last edited by shankerz; 04-09-2012 at 06:21 AM.

ROG Member Array

Ok, so i found a work around but not really what i wanted. My goal was to have my 2x 240 Gig Coursair Force GT's as my primary drive and boot windows from there. But obvouslly that isnt working... what i did get to work was, Resetting Cmos, and setting advanced bios to Raid, then restart computer, then Control I setting up a new raid Array, then shutting down computer. Unpluggin the 2 raided hard drives, and plugging in the small 140Gig Coursair Force GT (My spare) and resetting Cmos and loading basic setting and leaving the bios out of raid mode. I then installed Windows on that 140gig hard drive, and went into windows and installed the chip set drivers and RTS drivers from the ASUS Rampage disk... I then shut down computer, connected the raid drivers, and left the bios in (Non-raid mode). I then booted into windows on that 140gig drive, and was able to see my Raid under the device manager. I was then able to manage the drive and format the drives and now it shows up in my Explore as a 2nd dary drive. Now it appears to be in Raid 0, but i never enabled the raid mode in the bios... so unless its tricking me or something this works... Still not my goal... So if anyone has any IDEAS from all my posts i am all ears. I am exteramly "Noob" so please dont use many big words please. this has been a 2 day adventure.

ROG Member Array

I have read all the above posts Shankerz. I have the same issues. Thanks for the detail.
    to date i have given up trying to setup my Raid ) with this mother board.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array DooRules's Avatar

I don't understand the problem. I have been in raid since day 1 and only raid. Most of the time I have two raid volumes going the same time. Two M4's in R0 and two Intel 520's in Ro. Not a single issue.

I am able to unplug all 4 drives and move the arrays from 3 gb ports to 6 gb ports for testing, have yet to lose an array.
    7980XE on Asus ApexVI
    Zotac 2080Ti
    Intel 900P
    2 x Samsung 950 Pro
    EVGA 1600W
    Alienware 34"
    Samsung 28" 4K

ROG Enthusiast Array

Am too running 2 RAID volums on this motherboard from day one .. no problem at all ... I am sure that your problem with the 240 SSDs has to do with how you need to setup windows under a UEFI OS .. check this link .. this could give a help (http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/s...-for-ssds-hdds)

ROG Member Array

hm.. Maybe you should try change the "Rampage mode" for the RAM to mode 2. (Can't remember is 1 or 2. As long you don't select enhance and select capability AKA Safe mode)

Not sure this will fix or not but I had some problem with G.Skill RAM before.

Well, just try and let us know.

ROG Enthusiast Array

i will be installing raid mode drives in few days as well

damn it THANX for telling me uys that we are gonna be having issues installing raid as i just ordered my second adata s510 and i wanna put em into raid. but i was reading alot about it and peaple are saying it's the raid drivers supposibly well i will report back in about i guess 2 days i hope i won't be another victim

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Ben I have installed RAID's on at least 14 RIVE motherboards over the last few months - I have used ADATA 510 drives as well. In fact that is what I used for the RAID guide I wrote. And I had no problems.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast