cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Edition 10 - Error b6 (Clean-Up of NVRAM)

Amerifaxx
Level 7
Rampage V Edition 10 - Error b6 (Clean-Up of NVRAM)
I'm booting a striped system. Only motherboard, CPU, 1 memory card, monitor, and keyboard. It stops at the "d6" error code.

I have been working with this setup for a month and no closer to success. Mt system is as listed with ROG.
Bob
4 REPLIES 4

Amerifaxx
Level 7
I now got as far as error "AA" - Reserved for ASL (see ASL Status Codes section below), which was of no help. I guess I start showing for a new motherboard. I used to only buy Asus. But...
Bob

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
AA means the BIOS has handed over to the OS...if you are not getting display...maybe replace cable to monitor...check display components...the board seems to be booting fine...

Have you reflashed BIOS or flashed latest BIOS?

Amerifaxx
Level 7
I am reinstalling my Rampage V Edition 10. And I'm finally able to get into my bias. Over the past 3 weeks I could not determine the problem. It turns out my video card, although anchored down tightly with thumbscrews, was actually almost out of the slot on the screw downside while the other side was down solid and the PCIe slot..

Now I'm trying to have access to my M.2. I know the card is good and it has the previous operating system installed on it, ,since basically the system is off the shelf. Actually, the only changes to a system that worked in the past was I replaced the motherboard, same model motherboard.

When I go into the bias. I see the M.2 Opu designated as the boot drive, which it should be . Is very setting for my M.2 in the bias that I should be turning on. Here are my settings:
UEFI BIOS Utility
PCH Storage Configuration/SATA Controller 1 Mode Selection = AHCI
Hyper Kit Mode = Disabled

Besides the issue with the M.2. What is the function of the Hot Plug?

Memory Issue - I have 86. The memory that worked in the past. Now sticks 2 and 3 do not show up in DRAM
Status (N/A)
When I reset BIOS:
BIOS 1: Sticks 2 & 3 are N/A
BIOS 2: All 8 sticks show up as healthy
Bob
I

Amerifaxx
Level 7
Got it, was the video card.