cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Motherboards and Flow Sensors (Maximus Hero / Aquacomputer flow sensor)

caipa
Level 8
Good evening everyone,

I am finally done with building my unobtrusive case. Only Ticket left on the to do list is to measure the water flow rate.

Here is where I am stumped. I am sure I am doing something wrong, just cant figure out what.

Motherboard is a Asus Maximus XI Hero (no Wifi) and the
Flow Sensor is a Aquacomputer G1/4" Flow Rate Sensor for Aquacomputer Aquaero.
The cable connecting the device to my motherboard is a Aqua Computer 53027 – Cable.

All of the above can be found on amazon.com (I did not want to use links as they may change).

So I connected the device to the W_Flow on my Motherboard, booted the computer up, pressed F2 to get into the BIOS. Checked under Monitor and it shows me N/A.

So clearly something is wrong.

Looking forward to advice from the community, cheers, Caipa.
3 REPLIES 3

caipa
Level 8
Bump, Is there seriously no Info on this by anyone, and does Asus truly never visit their own forums ?

caipa wrote:
Bump, Is there seriously no Info on this by anyone, and does Asus truly never visit their own forums ?

It appears that is not the right cable after some google searching. It is some proprietary cable not meant to go into the fan header. You need a fan header cable of sorts (cable technically the same but seems some adapter needs to exist).

travisandcarrie
Level 7
Dayjob is correct...in a manner. A cord is a cord...few strands of copper wound together to carry a current or signal. In this instance...its the signal being sent to your motherboard that is incorrect. Dayjob is correct in saying its the same kind of cord as a case fan...but you can use any cord. Basically you want a device that is going to send an rpm signal to your board which will then be calibrated and changed to Litres per minute. Bitspower makes a really good cheap one which does just that, https://www.amazon.com/Bitspower-Flow-Sensor-Deep-Blood/dp/B01MRD1OFY/ref=psdc_3015422011_t4_B07BWWB.... The coolant flow will spin the blades on the flow sensor and the rpm signal will then be able to be read and translated into LPM...much like a PWM fan. As I understand it anyways. I've looked and researched this same exact thing trying to find a correct flowmeter for my crosshair hero vii. Im fairly certain you could use any fan header as a flowmeter header.