cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73jh 1A Powers down before OS can do start up repair

reggiejus2000
Level 7
All out of the blue ASUS G73jh encountered a boot problem. Windows can't start there is a prompt to do a start up repair. However the machine powers down before repairs are made. It only runs for about 5 to 7 minutes before it shuts down. No BSOD just as if it lost power all of a sudden....This is the Best Buy version of the G
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
Sounds like it might be overheating. Since you're posting I assume you have another working computer. I'd recommend downloading an Ubuntu live image and burning it to disc. Boot from that and see if it still shuts down. If it does then you know it isn't a Windows problem and it isn't a hard drive problem.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Sounds like it might be overheating.

If it turns out to be a heat issue, you can use some compressed air and blow it into the fans and you will see a lot of dust coming out.

Other option is to open the beast up and take out the HDD/SSD and reinsert it to see if that helps (also you can do that with the RAM) 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

ColonelS
Level 9
Try reseating the rams 1st
Click ->Republic of Gamers<- official Facebook page

dstrakele
Level 14
How long have you owned this laptop? Is it beyond your retailer's exchange or return date?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT