cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix RAID DLX causing system to slow down with Aero Theme

Shalashashka
Level 7
I just purchased the Strix Raid DLX and after a few minutes when playing sounds, the system begins to run at a steady 15 FPS (on a 120 hz monitor), it's not a complete freeze but a system slow down. I found that changing from Windows 7 Aero to windows 7 basic theme fixes the issue (but brings on other issues unrelated to the sound card, so this solution is not ideal).

I believe the issue might be with a driver or Sonic Studio itself, as uninstalling Sonic Studio and the USB driver removed the issue.

Thoughts?

Specs:
Windows 7
32 GB 3200 mhz DDR4
i7 7700K 4.0 GhZ 8 Core
RTX 2080 TI (no sound driver installed from Nvidia)
Bose Speakers
Razer Tiamat 7.1 2.0 (run through the sound card)
1 REPLY 1

Shalashashka
Level 7
I can't be the only person with this issue.

I have found several threads on the subject - I am going to test this and hopefully it doesn't shut down the ASUS Software in the process.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/windows-desktop-lag-stuttering-caused-by-aeros-desktop-compo...

EDIT:

So far so good, it seems to be stable. I will edit this if it changes for anyone looking up this problem.

The solution was to disable Windows 7 Desktop Composition

Right click on "My Computer", properties, "Advanced System Settings" on the left, under the Advanced Tab select "Performance" then at the bottom click off the checkmark next to "Enable Desktop Composition" (Make sure you're set to windows 7 Aero theme when you do this)

** I hope the Dev's might have an answer for why this happens?