cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AX11000 devices does not see 5GHZ-2 anymore

smartphonerick
Level 7
Hello, i been searching on this but i decided to see if anyone has the same issues. This router is very good, and i can connect no problem to the 2.4 and 5ghz-1, when i first got it i was able to connect my nvidia shield and my pc to the 5ghz-2 and my galaxy note 10 plus also. But i noticed a few months ago that nothing can see that band anymore. Its still in the settings on the router as being active but no device can see it, i can only connect to 5ghz-1 and the 2.4 now. Is that a common issue or could my device be defective?
5 REPLIES 5

CapricornDog
Level 7
I have to set my channels for both 5Ghz bands manually, and also i have to use a smart connect rule for the 5GHz bands.
That is the only way i can get both 5Ghz bands to work at 160 MHz.
It takes a good 5 to 10 minutes after a reboot for my 5GHz 2nd channel to be available to anything

wilsondenq
Level 10
smartphonerick wrote:
Hello, i been searching on this but i decided to see if anyone has the same issues. This router is very good, and i can connect no problem to the 2.4 and 5ghz-1, when i first got it i was able to connect my nvidia shield and my pc to the 5ghz-2 and my galaxy note 10 plus also. But i noticed a few months ago that nothing can see that band anymore. Its still in the settings on the router as being active but no device can see it, i can only connect to 5ghz-1 and the 2.4 now. Is that a common issue or could my device be defective?

if you enable 160MHz it will take few minutes to landing a proper channel due to DFS scan, you can try again, if still got problem, please use feedback in web gui to the RD team

SteelSteve
Level 7
smartphonerick wrote:

Sad to see this, as I was looking at the ASUS AX11000 to replace my current Tri-Band router from another Manufacturer that is doing the exact same thing. I was able to determine that its an authentication issue, saw logs on one of my devices that indicated a failure to authenticate. Just as a test try turning off WPA2, set authentication to none, and then try to connect to that channel. If it works then I would say report it to ASUS and hopefully they can fix in a Firmware update, unfortunately for me my manufacturer doesn't seem to believe in Firmware updates hence the reason I'm searching for a replacement.

e38BimmerFN
Level 7
Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?*

smartphonerick wrote:

Blake1
Level 10
Hello smartphonerick,
Please kindly send your device to service center.
Thank you.