New ROGer Array

pce-ax58bt vs pce-ac88

Hello all, i currently have this router ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000. with this card installed in my pc ASUS PCE-AC88 AC3100 4x4 802.11AC PCIe Adapter. My question is if i was to upgrade to this wifi 6 card (Asus AX3000 (Pce-AX58BT) would there be a noticeable increase in speed because its wifi6. I been searching YouTube and the internet but i cannot find no direct test between these two cards.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by smartphonerick View Post
    Hello all, i currently have this router ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000. with this card installed in my pc ASUS PCE-AC88 AC3100 4x4 802.11AC PCIe Adapter. My question is if i was to upgrade to this wifi 6 card (Asus AX3000 (Pce-AX58BT) would there be a noticeable increase in speed because its wifi6. I been searching YouTube and the internet but i cannot find no direct test between these two cards.
    my testing video (sorry I speak Chinese, but you can refer to the video content)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_gCsjohBY4 (6:30~)

WiFi 5 router + ax200 client on zenbook pro duo (the same chip as ax58bt) -> max. 85MB/s -> 650Mbps
    WiFi 6 router + ax200 -> max. 108MB/s -> 860Mbps. @160MHz bandwidth

however the bottle neck of the max speed is my NAS sata

fyi
    Last edited by wilsondenq; 05-08-2020 at 06:10 AM.

wifi6 is new for some, but for you to get faster speed you need said bandwith (internet and/or drives ) to be fast too.
    if im not reading the specs wrong, you have 1x RJ45 that is 2.5gbs and 4 that is 1gbs?
    in all the wifi suports max data traffic ( divided on all connected wifi parts ) of "10gbit/s" in theory.
    but when it comes to internet its the speed you get on said contract from your provider.

but you have to talke in consideration walls and if its wood or brick between your modem and pc, the more dence a wall is = the more speed/signal you loose.
    if you have the option to go cable i would higly recommend that over wifi on where you can have cable.