cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with new build

cimbri
Level 9
hi to all. i need help with my new build. however i have limited options due to market. i can choose from few components available in my country. these i can chose from

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming
ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI)
ASUS ROG STRIX B450-E GAMING

CPU AM4 AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 3.7GHz BOX
CPU AM4 AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 3.7GHz BOX
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X AM4 BOX

Budget:none due to limited parts available

Main uses of intended build:gaming

Previous build information:
my previou build is
crosshair formula IV
amd 1090t
Thermaltake Toughpower 750W 80 PLUS Gold Modular
GPU strix rx 470 and
SSD 240gb+ m2 disk+2 sata HDD 1tb WD black

Monitor resolution:1080P

Storage requirements: none

Extra information about desired system:

please advice, any help would be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

AS185
Level 10
In my opinion I would stick to Crosshair series. While Strix is also a good choice, I just think that the other series have more to offer. A processor to choose now? It depends on how you look at it. If you want something more for the future, I'd buy the 3700X. Of course, now and then, there will be new processors coming out but in terms of AMD, the core count won't maximize vastly. I saw some features for the 4000 series and the cores will most likely be around 16 and 32 threads. However, if you want to achieve an overclock, I guess it's better to buy the 2700X. Not that you can't overclock the 3700X so it's entirely up to you.

AS185 wrote:
In my opinion I would stick to Crosshair series. While Strix is also a good choice, I just think that the other series have more to offer. A processor to choose now? It depends on how you look at it. If you want something more for the future, I'd buy the 3700X. Of course, now and then, there will be new processors coming out but in terms of AMD, the core count won't maximize vastly. I saw some features for the 4000 series and the cores will most likely be around 16 and 32 threads. However, if you want to achieve an overclock, I guess it's better to buy the 2700X. Not that you can't overclock the 3700X so it's entirely up to you.

thank you very much for advice.