New ROGer Array

G703gx GPU Hardware problem HELP PLEASE

Hello and greetings to all.

First i hope you guys are well and sound in this time of COVID-19 stuff ^^

So my problem is the following, i will write in points so it can be easier with anyone who knows a fix to help me

1) I own a gaming laptop with a model Asus Rog G703gx
    2) I had the laptop for almost 6 months now and everything was great
    3) Today i woke up and found the laptop on a black screen, and fan noises were sky rocketing (just like when GPU goes extreme gaming mode)
    4) I tried to restart the laptop thinking something bugged, but same result BLACK SCREEN AGAIN
    5) after full diagnosis i did the following
    6) Laptop was turning on normally, and it was on all the time but i couldnt see anything (BLACK SCREEN), so i typed my pass and logged in to windows blindly
    7) THANK GOD i had teamviewr installed and from my mobile, i was able to access the laptop and everything was working
    8) i accessed armoury crate, and switched the graphic into Optimus ( i think thats the stock Intel GPU )
    9) i restart the PC for the graphic switch, and everything was good again
    10) I tried to switch to Discrete again (RTX 2080) but black screen again, so i did the above and swtiched back to Optimus (Intel)
    11) i went to Nvidia and downloaded the perfect driver for my laptop but it gave me the following error

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-05-08 034517.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	84830

So now i suspect that there is a hardware malfunction with the GPU, but dont know if anyone can help or suggest solutions to fix

Note: dont know if this helps, even when i plug an HDMI cable to an external monitor, it does not respond to either Discrete or Optimus, but before all this it was working perfectly ok

Note: i never OverClocked anything, or did anything weird, just simple stock as the way i bought it, i just normally game on it

Just a side question, could this be a MOBO problem ? i mean even though everything else is working perfectly ok ?

Help and suggestions are highly appreciated ^^

Thank you again

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Contact ASUS and request a RMA and return your laptop for repair/replacement.

Have ASUS restore your OS drive to original configuration.

When your laptop has been returned, don't format your OS drive again.

Good Luck
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

Moderator Array

Hello Sassoos,
    May I have you BIOS and windows version?
    Was there any update or modification before the issue?
    I will double check with our technical suppor.
    If you have decided to send to service, please let me know the RMA number through PM.
    Thank you.