Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G703gx GPU Hardware problem HELP PLEASE

Sassoos
Level 7
Hello and greetings to all.

First i hope you guys are well and sound in this time of COVID-19 stuff ^^

So my problem is the following, i will write in points so it can be easier with anyone who knows a fix to help me

1) I own a gaming laptop with a model Asus Rog G703gx
2) I had the laptop for almost 6 months now and everything was great
3) Today i woke up and found the laptop on a black screen, and fan noises were sky rocketing (just like when GPU goes extreme gaming mode)
4) I tried to restart the laptop thinking something bugged, but same result BLACK SCREEN AGAIN
5) after full diagnosis i did the following
6) Laptop was turning on normally, and it was on all the time but i couldnt see anything (BLACK SCREEN), so i typed my pass and logged in to windows blindly
7) THANK GOD i had teamviewr installed and from my mobile, i was able to access the laptop and everything was working
😎 i accessed armoury crate, and switched the graphic into Optimus ( i think thats the stock Intel GPU )
9) i restart the PC for the graphic switch, and everything was good again
10) I tried to switch to Discrete again (RTX 2080) but black screen again, so i did the above and swtiched back to Optimus (Intel)
11) i went to Nvidia and downloaded the perfect driver for my laptop but it gave me the following error

So now i suspect that there is a hardware malfunction with the GPU, but dont know if anyone can help or suggest solutions to fix

Note: dont know if this helps, even when i plug an HDMI cable to an external monitor, it does not respond to either Discrete or Optimus, but before all this it was working perfectly ok

Note: i never OverClocked anything, or did anything weird, just simple stock as the way i bought it, i just normally game on it

Just a side question, could this be a MOBO problem ? i mean even though everything else is working perfectly ok ?

Help and suggestions are highly appreciated ^^

Thank you again
2 REPLIES 2

jdfrench3
Level 12
Contact ASUS and request a RMA and return your laptop for repair/replacement.

Have ASUS restore your OS drive to original configuration.

When your laptop has been returned, don't format your OS drive again.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Sassoos,
May I have you BIOS and windows version?
Was there any update or modification before the issue?
I will double check with our technical suppor.
If you have decided to send to service, please let me know the RMA number through PM.
Thank you.