cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gt-ax11000 New firmware today

automan3
Level 7
My router states there is new firmware available. But when I try to install via router GUI it cannot download anything. Router reboots. Anyone managed to update?

UPDATE,

Update was not working in router GUI, nor was it visible available at asus webpage, under bios/firmware, but if i changed operating system from win10 to something else, there suddenly the update appeared. Strange ..
Just updated, and havent verified any bug fixes yet on VPN fusion, but at least internet seems to work after updating 🙂

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_9165
- Release Note -

- Fixed the VPN fusion exception list related bugs.
- Modified the Telnet/SSH setting UI message.
- Added printer enable/disable switch.
- Added port setting option in the remote log server setting.
- Fixed login bugs.
- Support router certificate export.
After import the certificate to the computer you will not see the warning message when login with https.
Please refer to https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1034294/
32 REPLIES 32

Joku1981
Level 7
You can download it directly: HERE.

...and still the same. Applying vpn fusion and rebooting = no internet to any device regardless on vpn or exception list :-(.... Disable vpn fusion, it all works again.

Couldn't log in to the GUI after the download of the software!!
So I reinstalled the previous software...
👎
Every gamer has suffered from small-screen videos

Besides the vpn fusion stated by @automan3, there was a few games in particular like VR Chat and Destiny 2, you are able to log into the game, but what ever details the game is supposed to load like for instance VR Chat, the worlds and characters does not load. I wasted 5 hours trying to reinstall the game till I reformatted my pc but it was still the same, and finally after reverting back to the previous 8011 router firmware update, everything started to load normally. I'm kinda pissed because I wasted 5 hours troubleshooting something that wasnt giving any problem and turned out it was the router firmware was the culprit....

Asus, its really frustrating to install release after release and bugs still remain - and new ones are introduced. If I call support, I get only first level support actions like, reinstall - factory reset - which does not help. I even was told to exchange my router where I bought it, which I also did, but things were the same with the new one. Reporting bugs in router GUI leads to no feedback what so ever, and at least the bugs I reported has not been solved for several releases (mainly the VPN fusion that does not work) . Probably you have lots of customers with the gt-ax110000 with no problems , beacuse far from all are really trying to use all the functionality, like port forwarding and vpn fusion, but for us who want to use them , this router does not deliver. I bought it just beacuse of all the possibilities and functions, and for now, I am very disappointed. Your customers need you to focus and muster all your forces to solve the problems and deliver what we all thought we were buying.

Razer68 wrote:
Couldn't log in to the GUI after the download of the software!!
So I reinstalled the previous software...
��

I had the same problem when trying to login from my PC, i managed to login via the android app, i then made a randon setting change in the app and after that i could login via my PC.

CapricornDog wrote:
I had the same problem when trying to login from my PC, i managed to login via the android app, i then made a randon setting change in the app and after that i could login via my PC.

What setting did you do in the app!?
I also have the app on my Android phone.:o
Every gamer has suffered from small-screen videos

Razer68 wrote:
What setting did you do in the app!?
I also have the app on my Android phone.:o

I changed my dns in the android app, but i dont think it would make any difference what you change because as soon as i had changed it and i could login with firefox on my pc, i went to my dns settings to change it back but the app changes had not saved at all, my original sttings were still there.

Sounds like there is definitely problem with this firmware especially for people using VPN fusion, AI-mesh etc. I am scared to update especially with current "Work From Home" situation--- the router crapping out now as a result of firmware update is disastrous. At the same time, I don't want to be lagging behind the updates.

Has anyone (not using VPN fusion or AI mesh) updated to this firmware w/ out any ill effect? I don't need these functionality at this moment and wondering if I should update.

@BLAKE@ASUS,
Is there anyone from ASUS going to respond to these problems? Timing of this problematic update is pretty bad not to mention this is on your high-end expensive router!