Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sounds like there is definitely problem with this firmware especially for people using VPN fusion, AI-mesh etc. I am scared to update especially with current "Work From Home" situation--- the router crapping out now as a result of firmware update is disastrous. At the same time, I don't want to be lagging behind the updates.

Has anyone (not using VPN fusion or AI mesh) updated to this firmware w/ out any ill effect? I don't need these functionality at this moment and wondering if I should update.

@BLAKE@ASUS,
    Is there anyone from ASUS going to respond to these problems? Timing of this problematic update is pretty bad not to mention this is on your high-end expensive router!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Sprayingmango PC Specs
    Sprayingmango PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Late 2017 MacBook Pro 15"
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme X299
    Processori9 7900X
    Memory (part number)G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
    MonitorTriple Asus PG27UQ G-Sync
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo 1TB NVME
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Pro RGB
    CaseCorsair 1000D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G Pro Lightspeed
    Headset No...just no. Sennheiser HD650s w/ Schitt Stack
    Mouse Pad Logitech PowerPlay
    Headset/Speakers Denon 7.2 Atmos w/ Polk Signature Series
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterAsus Rog Rapture GT-5300

The firmware is working great now, it just initially caused some issue with my AiMesh. I'm running it on my two AX11000 routers now in AiMesh with my AC5300 routers and it's been great.

New ROGer Array Razer68 PC Specs
    Razer68 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING, S-1151
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Armor OC
    MonitorAsus 27" LED G-Sync ROG Swift PG278QR
    Storage #1Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler
    CaseNoctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Fan
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M, 850W PSU
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Strix Flare RGB Gaming Keyboard Cherry MX
    Mouse ASUS ROG Gladius II Origin
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath Mousepad
    Headset/Speakers Edifier S530D
    OS Windows 10 1909
    Network RouterAsus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Nordic
    Accessory #1 ASUS RT-AC86U AiMesh AC2900
    Accessory #2 Fractal Design Define R6 Black
    Accessory #3 Asus Rog Strix Arion /Samsung SSD 2TB

Quote Originally Posted by CapricornDog View Post
    I changed my dns in the android app, but i dont think it would make any difference what you change because as soon as i had changed it and i could login with firefox on my pc, i went to my dns settings to change it back but the app changes had not saved at all, my original sttings were still there.
    All right! Thanks for the reply will try that.

Upgrade the latest firmware for couples of days with my main router. Everything good. Mesh with two others AX11000 router with older version no problems so far. Will upgrade the mesh router with this version during weekend.

New ROGer Array

Hello all,
    After a 125 days of non stop uptime (no reboot of router) of my router i decided to upgrade to latest firmware. After flashing to latest i did a hard reset with the reset button to start from scratch.
    Update went smooth and could immediately set up my internet again. I also had immediately access to the GUI so no problem for that also. No slugish GUI also, all smooth. What i do notice compare to previous firmware is that in some case if you change a setting in wathever category the GUI says that it is enabled but actually it is not. You have to reboot the router before it comes active. Not handy when you daily change settings (not the case for me luckly)
    Second thing i notice is that my wifi speeds are more stable now so that is a good sign.
    Third thing i notice and this is a downside for me is that there is a serious problem with VPN fusion. VPN server works great but when you enable VPN fusion after an amount of time it cuts of the internet from all my devices either cabled or wireless. This hapend once for me but i have to test further, mayby i missed a setting or something. Once i disable VPN fusion and reboot the router all my devices regain internet access.
    Tonight i will test further but i wanted to share my experience with this firmware.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by SirKillalot View Post
    Hello all,
    After a 125 days of non stop uptime (no reboot of router) of my router i decided to upgrade to latest firmware. After flashing to latest i did a hard reset with the reset button to start from scratch.
    Update went smooth and could immediately set up my internet again. I also had immediately access to the GUI so no problem for that also. No slugish GUI also, all smooth. What i do notice compare to previous firmware is that in some case if you change a setting in wathever category the GUI says that it is enabled but actually it is not. You have to reboot the router before it comes active. Not handy when you daily change settings (not the case for me luckly)
    Second thing i notice is that my wifi speeds are more stable now so that is a good sign.
    Third thing i notice and this is a downside for me is that there is a serious problem with VPN fusion. VPN server works great but when you enable VPN fusion after an amount of time it cuts of the internet from all my devices either cabled or wireless. This hapend once for me but i have to test further, mayby i missed a setting or something. Once i disable VPN fusion and reboot the router all my devices regain internet access.
    Tonight i will test further but i wanted to share my experience with this firmware.
    Update: After testing there is for sure problems with VPN fusion. I have 2 VPN services, my router can connect to both of them but the external ip adress is not changing at all. Wathever i try i always get my ISP WAN adress instead of my VPN external adress. Even after reboots of router the WAN ip adress always stays of my ISP and not of the VPN.
    Never had such problems with previous firmware.

New ROGer Array

Hello all,
    Do you have an aimesh setup? I found that VPN fusion was failing to connect under the new firmware when I am aimesh node added. As a test I removed the node and boom VPN fusion connected without issues. Obviously this is a bug asus should patch.

-FT.*

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzytony View Post
    Do you have an aimesh setup? I found that VPN fusion was failing to connect under the new firmware when I am aimesh node added. As a test I removed the node and boom VPN fusion connected without issues. Obviously this is a bug asus should patch.

-FT.*
    Yes i have one aimesh node. But the problem is that vpn fusion DOES connect for me but as soon as i activate one client (in the exception list) to go through the tunnel its all over.
    All my clients are cutt of from the internet.
    I downgraded one version to the 8011 firmware and BAM! Everything works again as it should be working. So the 9165 with the so called "Fixed the VPN fusion exception list" is something Asus should look at. That fix must have broken something.
    Mayby i will try with the 9165 and also disconnect my mesh node to see if that is the solution form me also.
    Thanks
    Last edited by SirKillalot; 06-10-2020 at 10:04 AM.

New ROGer Array

Yes i have one aimesh node. But the problem is that vpn fusion DOES connect for me but as soon as i activate one client (in the exception list) to go through the tunnel its all over.
    All my clients are cutt of from the internet.
    I downgraded one version to the 8011 firmware and BAM! Everything works again as it should be working. So the 9165 with the so called "Fixed the VPN fusion exception list" is something Asus should look at. That fix must have broken something.
    Mayby i will try with the 9165 and also disconnect my mesh node to see if that is the solution form me also.
    Thanks
    Where did you find the old firmware (8011)?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzytony View Post
    Where did you find the old firmware (8011)?
    Go to the Asus support site and browse to AX11000 from there you can download drivers and fimware

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast