Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Need help with Armoury Crate and/or Asus Aura

Good Evening,
    Is there an easy way to remove ALL the Aura Sync and Armoury Crate components from my system and basically start over without doing a full wipe of my OS? I would prefer to get Armoury Crate up-and-running, but would even be satisfied if Aura would consistently run. I would try a full OS re-install, but from what I’ve read, that will not fix the problem.

I recently build a gaming PC. I have never been able to get Aura or Armoury Crate to work properly. I purchased most of the parts because they are supposed to be Aura compatible, but have had nothing but problems. I turned on my system again today, and found that once again, my lighting is messed up and not working properly, but I can’t get Armoury Crate or Aura to install. Aura sometimes installs, but then stops working after a few days. When I try to install Armoury Crate, after I approve the change in the User Account Control, a black System box flashes on the screen, but then nothing happens.

My system has the following components:
    • ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard
    • AMD Ryzen 7 2700X processor w/Stock LED Fan
    • EVGA GEFORCE RTX 2070 Super FTW3 Ultra Video Card
    • 64gb (4x16 sticks) G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3000 RAM
    • Seasonic Focus Gold 650 FX power supply
    • Thermaltake Level 20 ARGB case
    • DEEP COOL RGB Convertor, 5V ADD-RGB to 12V RGB Transfer Hub (to sync case lighting)
    • ROG Evolve Gaming Mouse
    • ROG Flare Gaming Keyboard
    • ROG Balteus QI LED Mousepad

• Windows 10 64-bit OS
    • BIOS is ROG UEFI BIOS Utility Ver 2.17.1246 (ROG Effects are enabled)
    note: I am not currently overclocking the system

Some specific issues I've had:
    Lighting randomly stops working under both Asus Aura and Armoury Crate
    Unable to reliably reinstall Aura and/or Armoury Crate - they sometimes just show up, (Aura usually does allow a reinstall, but not always - then it will run for a few days, and then just stop responding)
    G.Skill RAM works, but AURA and Armoury Crate have never 'seen' them, even though they are Aura compatible
    When it does work, Aura sometimes reports the Balteous pad as a motherboard

I have tried several methods that I found throughout this (and other) forums, such as:
    • Removing the LastProfile.xml (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...%3BPLEASE-READ)
    • Using CCleaner to uninstall the programs and clean the registry (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ues-Here/page6)
    • Uninstalled ALL Aura (and even all ASUS) software, gone through the registry and found all Aura or Lighting Component files and removed them, then cleaned the registry with CCleaner (https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/commen...aura_software/)
    • Uninstalled all Asus programs and reinstalled after checking the "This file came from another computer..." setting in Properties (https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/co...dentz_rgb_ram/)
    • Cleared the CMOS before reinstalling
    • To try to get the RAM synced, I tried to follow these instructions, but do not have a SPD setting in my BIOS (https://forums.tomshardware.com/thre...perly.3081990/)

This has been driving me crazy for months. If I would have known that I would have this many issues with the lighting, I would have purchased other products. Does anyone have a solution to get this thing running properly?

Thanks in advance

Chris

New ROGer Array

I can't help with all of your issues as Armory Crate mostly works for me. Only issue I'm having is I can't select my motherboard, I can change effects fine and even Aura Creator works....sorta. What I did run into when I first built my machine is the Thermaltake case would flat out not work. Months of back and forth and swapped components. Ultimately to get the case to sync up I had to completely remove the Thermaltake controller by getting an ARGB hub and new fans with standard connectors.

New ROGer Array TheMajekalBum PC Specs
    TheMajekalBum PC Specs
    MotherboardTUF Gaming x570-PLUS(WiFi)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    Memory (part number)64GB TridentZ Neo 3600mhz
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX 2080 TI OC
    MonitorROG PG27UQ 27" 4k 144Hz
    Storage #1WD Black SN750 1TB NVME
    Storage #24TB Seagate BarraCuda 2.5" HDD
    CPU CoolerROG Ryou 240mm w/oled
    CaseThermaltake View 71
    Power SupplyROG Thor 1200 watt
    Keyboard ROG Claymore (CherryMX Red)
    Mouse ROG Spatha & Chakram
    Headset ROG Centurion
    Mouse Pad ROG Balteus QI & Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Bose Soundlink Mini
    OS Win 10 pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture
    Accessory #1 ROG Spotlight
    Accessory #2 ROG Magnus
    Accessory #3 Rog Terminal

Reinstall windows and only install armory crate for asus control software. I was having all kinds of weird aura issues before doing this. Literally every piece of hardware I have is aura snyc compatible and it all working 95%. That 5%, sometimes my mouses led stop reacting and I have to replug it in to reset it. Occasionally the mouse leds not reacting trips up the rest of aura sync, but it goes back to normal after re-plugging the mouse.

also keep in mind crate is still in beta but they are improving it daily.

ROG Enthusiast Array SilenMar PC Specs
    SilenMar PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus - ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
    ProcessorIntel - Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair - Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3000
    Graphics Card #1EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 Hybrid
    Graphics Card #2EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 Hybrid
    MonitorBenQ - XL2546 24.5" 1920x1080 240Hz, Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 120GB
    Storage #2Seagate - BarraCuda Pro 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM x3
    CPU CoolerCorsair - H110
    CaseCorsair - Air 540 Silver ATX Mid Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA - SuperNOVA T2 1600W 80+ Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair - K95 RGB PLATINUM
    Mouse Logitech - G703 (Black) Wireless Optical
    Headset Kingston - HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Accessory #1 Noctua - NF-F12
    Accessory #2 Noctua - NF-A14 x2
    Accessory #3 Noctua - NF-P14s redux x4

The answer is NO. You will find it easier and much faster just wiping the whole OS.
    components in PCPartPicker
    Intel 8700K - 5.1GHz core, 5.0GHz cache, 1.37v
    EVGA FTW3 1080Ti Hybrid SLI - 2.0GHz core, 12GHz memory
    Asus Maximus X Hero
    Corsair Dominator 16x4GB - 3000MHz default XMP 15-17-17-35
    Fire Strike 36838 Extreme 25250 Ultra 14464

New ROGer Array

Still no RAM

So I was finally able to wipe and reload the OS. I completely wiped the hard drive and reset the BIOS. Now Armoury Crate is up-and-running, it sees (and properly identifies) my Motherboard, Keyboard, Mouse, and Mousepad.

But the G.SKILL Trident Z RAM is still MIA - it is lit and doing the standard rainbow, but Crate doesn't see it even though it is supposed to be compatible with my system.

Any ideas?

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

An uninstall app will be released in the near future since we can see that there is demand for it.

Sometimes Aura may need to be reinstalled after a display driver update, But you shouldn't need to install Aura anymore. Everything you have is supported in Crate.
    In Armoury Crate, please copy and paste the info under Settings>About>App diagnostics>Check
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	App Diagnostics.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	84901

Quote Originally Posted by chris_e View Post
    So I was finally able to wipe and reload the OS. I completely wiped the hard drive and reset the BIOS. Now Armoury Crate is up-and-running, it sees (and properly identifies) my Motherboard, Keyboard, Mouse, and Mousepad.

But the G.SKILL Trident Z RAM is still MIA - it is lit and doing the standard rainbow, but Crate doesn't see it even though it is supposed to be compatible with my system.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by MasterC@ROG; 05-18-2020 at 04:38 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array SilenMar PC Specs
    SilenMar PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus - ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
    ProcessorIntel - Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair - Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3000
    Graphics Card #1EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 Hybrid
    Graphics Card #2EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 Hybrid
    MonitorBenQ - XL2546 24.5" 1920x1080 240Hz, Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 120GB
    Storage #2Seagate - BarraCuda Pro 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM x3
    CPU CoolerCorsair - H110
    CaseCorsair - Air 540 Silver ATX Mid Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA - SuperNOVA T2 1600W 80+ Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair - K95 RGB PLATINUM
    Mouse Logitech - G703 (Black) Wireless Optical
    Headset Kingston - HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Accessory #1 Noctua - NF-F12
    Accessory #2 Noctua - NF-A14 x2
    Accessory #3 Noctua - NF-P14s redux x4

Angry

Any ideas?
    Wait for a few days to let Armoury Crate do its thing. It will do some weird stuff very slowly, who knows.
    And give it a HOPE that Armoury Crate will automatically update HAL compatible to G-skill memory.
    If it doesn't do **** a week later, your memory is not going to work with Armoury Crate.
    But you can still have a little FAITH in the legacy Aura Sync files because there are some old-ass HALs in the extracted folder Lighting_Control_1.07.79\LightingService\aac.
    You can manually install only AacSetup.exe for the setup of AURA DRAM Component and hope it works this time.
    Remember I've never said you should install legacy Aura Sync or other HALs. Don't blame me if you accidentally install Aura Sync out of ROG ****ing FAITH!
    Last edited by SilenMar; 05-18-2020 at 07:46 AM.
    components in PCPartPicker
    Intel 8700K - 5.1GHz core, 5.0GHz cache, 1.37v
    EVGA FTW3 1080Ti Hybrid SLI - 2.0GHz core, 12GHz memory
    Asus Maximus X Hero
    Corsair Dominator 16x4GB - 3000MHz default XMP 15-17-17-35
    Fire Strike 36838 Extreme 25250 Ultra 14464

New ROGer Array

I am so over this software and hardware.

When I powered my PC up today, I checked the Armoury Crate settings and found a Crate messaging for the motherboard - "This model is not currently supported."

Crate said that the ASUS HAL Central needed to be updated, it took three tries (with reboots) before it finally stuck. It then updated a couple of other components, but the motherboard is still giving the "not supported" message. How can an ASUS ROG branded product not be supported by ASUS ROG software? This is turning into a load of ****.

Here are the diagnostics logs that were requested by MasterC@ASUS.

Item Version
    ---- -------
    Armoury Crate UWP App 2.7.8.0
    ROG Live Service 1.0.28.0
    AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.02
    Armoury Crate lite service 2.7.10
    ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.8
    ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.22
    ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.64
    ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.20
    ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.17
    ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.2.1
    AacVGA 0.0.2.6
    KingstonDram 1.0.24
    AURA DRAM Component 1.0.42
    ENE RGB HAL 1.0.17.0
    PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
    Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.8.2

While I am very frustrated, I do appreciate the help! Thanks!

New ROGer Array Polychrome PC Specs
    Polychrome PC Specs
    MotherboardPrime X470 Pro
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)4x8GB Gskill trident DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
    Graphics Card #1Arez Strix RX Vega 56 8GB
    MonitorHP 23f and 24f.
    Storage #1WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB M2
    CPU CoolerThe lazy but pretty one that came in the processor box
    CaseCoolermaster Masterbox Lite
    Power SupplySeasonic Focus GX 850
    Keyboard Strix Flare
    Mouse Gladius II Origin
    Headset Speakers all the way....
    Mouse Pad The cheap one at walmart with a charging pad.
    Headset/Speakers Behringer Ms20
    OS Windows 10 pro
    Network RouterSome linksys thing that's getting replaced as soon as I get sick of its QoS settings.
    Accessory #1 ROG Terminal Halo
    Accessory #2 A shiny glass desk
    Accessory #3 I really should clean that desk...

I am so over this software and hardware.

When I powered my PC up today, I checked the Armoury Crate settings and found a Crate messaging for the motherboard - "This model is not currently supported."

Crate said that the ASUS HAL Central needed to be updated, it took three tries (with reboots) before it finally stuck. It then updated a couple of other components, but the motherboard is still giving the "not supported" message. How can an ASUS ROG branded product not be supported by ASUS ROG software? This is turning into a load of ****.
    Got this message today, and it was seemingly caused by the motherboard being detected as something it was not. I found a fix in another thread here.

Power down your computer. Unplug the power supply from the wall. (Or maybe just turn off your power strip.) Try to turn on the computer. (It will fail and lose power of course, but it drains whatever is left of the power supply.) Give it a little more time. Push the power again for good measure. Then plug in and turn the computer on. It's important that you give it a few seconds rather than just plug it back in right away. (I didn't wait the first time and it didn't work.)

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

So a power cycle worked in your case?

Quote Originally Posted by Polychrome View Post
    Got this message today, and it was seemingly caused by the motherboard being detected as something it was not. I found a fix in another thread here.

Power down your computer. Unplug the power supply from the wall. (Or maybe just turn off your power strip.) Try to turn on the computer. (It will fail and lose power of course, but it drains whatever is left of the power supply.) Give it a little more time. Push the power again for good measure. Then plug in and turn the computer on. It's important that you give it a few seconds rather than just plug it back in right away. (I didn't wait the first time and it didn't work.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast