cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claymore keys overly sensitive and started sticking out off the blue

F0x135
Level 7
Hi all,

So this started happening randomly just now (windows 10). The Claymore is the only thing i can pin it down to; i have gone through all these steps:

- turned off sticky keys
- changed keyboard settings sliders in windows to least sensitive in all categories
- Vacuumed all the dust off it.

Even after doing this, the keyboard still repeats keys at random and it still also repeats it quickly. even Typing one finger slowly like an old person doesn't help it.

Unfortunately i don't have another keyboard to try.

Is there a way to completely reset the claymore?

The only difference i saw was that i opened Armoury (not crate) when this first started happening and a prompt came up to install armoury crate instead. Are these related?

I have gone aand uninstalled Armoury, Aura sync and have Crate running stand alone now, but issue still persists. Please help as this is extremely frustrating.
3 REPLIES 3

F0x135
Level 7
I went out and bought a logitech g213 as it was in stock and on sale from a store down the road, and it's working fine.

It looks like something went wrong with the Claymore. I'm pretty mad about it, got just over 2 years for a $250 keyboard. Never again, ROG.

stna1981
Level 9
I think the quality of the Claymore is not the best given the high price and that it has mechanical switches. I also have ghosting on the p key sometimes, usually I put some pressurized air on it and that solves the issue for some time. But it wont be my last keyboard probably 😉

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Have you checked if you have enabled Repeat Acceleration? (FN+1/2/3/4)
Some info for that here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?102043-Keys-to-the-Features-ROG-Strix-Flare

You could also try a factory reset: Hold FN+ESC for 15-20 seconds until all the keys start flashing (Disable Aura Sync first).