cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends, I need NVME advice

Vopsvops
Level 7
Hello! I have R5E, 4xHDD, 4xSSD and now I would like to install
A DATA XPG SX8200 Pro PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280. Manual says that only pcie slot will be "blocked" and not sata drives. So, will this new A DATA work on such an old MB and will it block any of my sata drives? I have 5930k with 40pcie lanes and only one GPU, 2080ti. Thank you very much for help 🙂
4 REPLIES 4

Vopsvops
Level 7
Looks like useless forum... Not a single reply...

Vopsvops wrote:
Looks like useless forum... Not a single reply...

I'm not sure but think a 3.4 drive should work, but you will not get the performance of a 3.4 drive unless your system is built for it. As for whether any drives will be "blocked" I have no idea.

I'd check the QVL list.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREME/HelpDesk_QVL/

I'd also recommend posting your question at Tom's Hardware.

jorgerod
Level 7
Vopsvops wrote:
Hello! I have R5E, 4xHDD, 4xSSD and now I would like to install
A DATA XPG SX8200 Pro PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280. Manual says that only pcie slot will be "blocked" and not sata drives. So, will this new A DATA work on such an old MB and will it block any of my sata drives? I have 5930k with 40pcie lanes and only one GPU, 2080ti. Thank you very much for help 🙂

Yes it will work! My system has 3 PCIe Gen3x4 (intel 750 ssd PCIe + samsung 960 EVo plus in a alphacool adapter on the red`s pcie slots and a intel 660p in the m.2 slot) + 1 PCIe Gen2 SSD on the black pcie. More 5 ssd`s 2.5 and 2 HDD 3.5 on sata ports. All the drives work at full speed.

This is what I needed. Thank you very, very much!