cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix g531gt Overheating!

Daman431
Level 7
My ROG g531gt has been overheating since past 3-4 months, I've given my Laptop to ASUS Care Center several times but they seem to just clean up and repaste but it does not have any impact on thermal performance.

my CPU temp is going 90+ degrees on just 2.6ghz and GPU is doing fine going max at 80 degrees C
4 REPLIES 4

Bp970
Level 7
This same issue has been happening to me too. When I play games I manually change the settings of the fan GPU and CPU max not Turbo but max. Usually, even when I m doing browsing still my laptop gets heated up to 90 degrees celsius.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
It's not unusual for the GPU to get up to 90 degree especially if you live in warmer climate. If that is the case, ramp up the fans or lower the ambient temperature.

Bp970 wrote:
This same issue has been happening to me too. When I play games I manually change the settings of the fan GPU and CPU max not Turbo but max. Usually, even when I m doing browsing still my laptop gets heated up to 90 degrees celsius.

Executioner55
Level 7
I have a Asus ROG G751JT and I made some minor changes to the power options in Windows 10. Click on "change power plan settings". Then click on "change advance power settings". Find "Processor Power Management". Then find "Maximum Processor State". Change "Plugged In" to either 98% or 99%. Add a laptop cooler which helps keep temperatures down. On my system, without a laptop cooler, my temps will run 90+ degrees C playing Far Cry 3 or Far Cry 4 with max settings. With the cooler, the temperatures are 75 degrees C. For gaming, I never run the laptop on battery only since it will last only 30 minutes or less. Here is the laptop cooler that I have: https://www.amazon.com/HV-F2056-15-6-17-Laptop-Cooler-Cooling/dp/B00NNMB3KS

JazzyJag70
Level 7
Daman431 wrote:
My ROG g531gt has been overheating since past 3-4 months, I've given my Laptop to ASUS Care Center several times but they seem to just clean up and repaste but it does not have any impact on thermal performance.

my CPU temp is going 90+ degrees on just 2.6ghz and GPU is doing fine going max at 80 degrees C

This is absolutely amazing cooler that I guarantee will drop your temps at least 15-20 degrees. I use it with my 2022 17" Strix Scar that has a i9 12900H, RTX 3080Ti and this cooler allows me to game with settings on Extreme/Ultra @ 2560 X 1440 for hours & hours. Its the best investment for any laptop.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FJ84L5N/ref=dp_iou_view_item?ie=UTF8&th=1