10 REPLIES 10

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
MoKiChU wrote:
Hi everyone,

- Samsung NVMe Drivers (Drivers Only) :
Drivers : 3.3.0.2003 WHQL [21/01/2020]
Download : Link

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit 1703/RS2/15063.x or more recent.
Hardware requirements : Motherboards with Samsung NVMe SSD.

Hey Mr.M

I have 2 m.2 NVMe ssd in my rig. I have Samsung Magician installed all ready. Do I need to install these drivers, I checked SM to update no no update came up?

If I do install this driver will it mess anything up on my rig?

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE: I figured it out MR. M

Thank you for all you do for us here on the rog forums.
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro

pinkfloyd1173 wrote:
Hey Mr.M

I have 2 m.2 NVMe ssd in my rig. I have Samsung Magician installed all ready. Do I need to install these drivers, I checked SM to update no no update came up?

If I do install this driver will it mess anything up on my rig?

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE: I figured it out MR. M

Thank you for all you do for us here on the rog forums.

Assuming that you're using PCIe NVMe SSDs and you don't have them setup In RAID then yes, install the drivers. I'm not sure, but I also thing the answer is "Yes" if you are using SATA NVMe.

I tried installing these drivers on my Z390-E but after reboot the driver version still gives the Microsoft 2006 driver. What am I doing wrong?85007

Look under Storage Controller and NVME and you will see it.

Look under Storage Controller and NVME.

bscool - thank you!!!! They are showing up there. I have a lot to learn.

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
Do you NEED to install them, no. They'll run fine on microsoft ones. But for optimal performance the samsung ones are recommended yes

Saltgrass
Level 13
If I am looking at the specs. correctly, going to a PCIe 4 drive and an 11th generation processor on my Z490 board would almost double the speed of a M.2 drive running as 4x?

I plan on moving to the 11th generation so I can check the performance of my PCIe 4 Video card and a new Pcie 4 drive.. It may be impressive. I have to think Intel decided to go to PCIe4, even though they had been stating it wasn't a useable performance boost, for some reason. Possibly sales or the license situation for PCIe 4 has changed.

You also need the Samsung drivers so the Magician software can monitor the drive for firmware updates and problems.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200