cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AX11000 + VPN Fusion + cut power (on FW 3.0.0.4.384_9165-gdea9675)

poudenes
Level 7
Hi All,

I have a GT-AX11000 with firmware*3.0.0.4.384_9165-gdea9675.
Im using VPN Fusion to route some devices via this VPN Fusion. Default is "Internet" so all devices will via normal way to the internet.

I had a power outage so the router shutdown without a nice reboot command.
After the router start up none of my devices had internet. I MUST disable VPN Fusion VPN connection to have internet on all my devices.

When I enable the VPN Fusion Client again, all my devices get cut off from internet.
I removed the VPN Fusion Client, rebooted the router nice way. Add VPN Fusion Client again.
This solved the problem BUT:

The firmware I use have a fix for "Fixed the VPN fusion exception list related bugs."

But it seems not solve the problem with this exception list, because my problem explained above.

Its very nasty when the router cut off from power you always need to do a workaround to solve everything.

@asus: Can you please go into this and try to build a firmware that will solve this? I read many issues with VPN Fusion.
EVEN BETTER: Create a firmware and cut off all the "Gaming options stuff".... I LOVE THE ROUTER but never use the gaming stuff.
Would be nice to have a clear firmware thats only focussed to be a full function "Router"

Cheers,*
Asus GT AX 11000
6 REPLIES 6

devnulldump
Level 7
poudenes wrote:
Hi All,

Im using VPN Fusion to route some devices via this VPN Fusion. Default is "Internet" so all devices will via normal way to the internet.

After the router start up none of my devices had internet. I MUST disable VPN Fusion VPN connection to have internet on all my devices.

When I enable the VPN Fusion Client again, all my devices get cut off from internet.
I removed the VPN Fusion Client, rebooted the router nice way. Add VPN Fusion Client again.

The firmware I use have a fix for "Fixed the VPN fusion exception list related bugs."

But it seems not solve the problem with this exception list, because my problem explained above.

Its very nasty when the router cut off from power you always need to do a workaround to solve everything.

@Asus: Can you please go into this and try to build a firmware that will solve this? I read many issues with VPN Fusion.
EVEN BETTER: Create a firmware and cut off all the "Gaming options stuff".... I LOVE THE ROUTER but never use the gaming stuff.
Would be nice to have a clear firmware thats only focussed to be a full function "Router"

Cheers,*

That is a great suggestion, I did not buy this for gaming and don't care about those, it would be great to have a switch/flag turn off all that to have full power of the router. I have pointed out that the router's load average is pretty high (in another thread) even when it was idle which is pretty unusual for even a heavily loaded system.

poudenes
Level 7
poudenes wrote:
Hi All,

@Asus: Can you please go into this and try to build a firmware that will solve this? I read many issues with VPN Fusion.

Cheers,*

Emm i dont see that high CPU usage... but would be great to cut off all gaming stuff.. Thats wh y im asking it haha
Asus GT AX 11000

e38BimmerFN
Level 7
Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?*

poudenes wrote:
Hi All,

Cheers,*

wilsondenq
Level 10
poudenes wrote:
Hi All,

Cheers,*

If you have higher CPU or RAM usage, maybe check the adaptive QoS or AiProtection, try to turn off to see if it helps.

I got feedback from the technical staff after my question of above issue when there is a power cut without nice shutdown.

They tried to reproduce the problem, but off-course without success. law of murphy...
I hope lots of people will add their issues here as well so we can collect every individual problem..

For now they think it something with my VPN Provider .OVPN file. Im using "VPN Unlimited" a nig provider.
For years its running without issues on a RPI3 even with power cuts... So its not something to do with my VPN Provider.

Greets
Peter
Asus GT AX 11000

When i try to connect to the VPN server using fusion, it does not connect just spins and nothing works. I have disabled everything, AI Protection, pretty much everything but it will not connect. Even with Private internet access or NordVPN still will not work. Reached out to Asus support and just getting the run arounds, this new firmware really is sucking at the moment.