New ROGer Array

Unhappy Coil whine on asus rog strix 2080 super advanced edition

So I just got a new gpu which is the asus rog strix 2080 super advanced and out of the box it has coil whine. I tried different games and the coil whine is definitely there. It's really getting into me considering the fact that I paid 1k plus for a high end premium gpu and just ended up having to deal with this issue? Any fix is very much appreciated

New ROGer Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)PVR416G413C9K @3800 15-15-15-30 CR1 or @3600 14-15-14-28 CR1
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

Coil whine can also be caused by your PSU and/or your cable management. Consider what PSU your using and how old is it. These items can cause the noise your hearing as well.

If you have spare PSU might be worth trying it first to see if noise stops.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Coil whine and its severity is hit or miss. If you have the ability return it and get another. If not then RMA is a waste of time with ASUS. Not only does it take forever and a year you get back an item that may be a refurb or your original item back with no issues found or your original item back with cosmetic damage with no changes because it was tossed in a bin with no regard for protection.

I have a pair of 2080Tis with sequential serials. One has minor coil whine and the other nothing. The one that does I have to have my case open and be listening carefully to hear it. It has no effect on performance and with my case closed up I hear nothing.