Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega / ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE / AMD 3950x
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz 128 GB / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200 32GB DDR4 3200MH
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB / Sabient SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / ADATA XPG SX5500 Pro 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360 / NZXT Kraken X62
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG / Thermaltake View 31
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt / Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB 1200 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4 / Noctua 140 mm 3000 RPM x 2
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot) / ROG NVLINK Bridge 3-Slot A

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    339

    Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    Yes, I was wondering if there was an obvious contact problem....but fair enough...I get it's difficult to get to with 2 GPUs

    I don't think an NVME drive would do that much heating...but low airflow back there for sure
    Just curious. What GPUs? And what kind of temperatures are they at and/or reaching?

  2. #12
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Gnome View Post
    Just curious. What GPUs? And what kind of temperatures are they at and/or reaching?
    2x 2080TI Water cooled (Custom loop), They usually stay in the 40-50C range (depending on ambient)

  3. #13
    ROG Member Array dayjob PC Specs
    dayjob PC Specs
    MotherboardZenith Extreme Alpha II
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
    Memory (part number)CMW64GX4M4K3600C18
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia Titan RTX
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity sTR4
    CaseLian Li O11 Dynamic XL Rog
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Razer Hunstman Elite
    Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
    dayjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    19

    For what its worth I am running 2 NVME's on the board, 1 in the DIMM2, an RTX Titan, Vive Wireless PCIE card (runs hot), 4 sticks of 16GB Ram 3600, and before I added watercooling I was getting almost 70c on the chipset. I added watercooling to the CPu and GPU and added a 10MM Noctua Fan over the chipset and 3 120 fans just below blowing upward and the chipset still reports around 70c all the time. There is nothing I can do do get it to run lower and it is always withing ~5c of change from boot to running 48 hours. No idea how to get more airflow to it and I cannot seem to lower it. My 2 NVME's that are under the heatshield also run almost 60c and I wish they would not.

  4. #14
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by dayjob View Post
    For what its worth I am running 2 NVME's on the board, 1 in the DIMM2, an RTX Titan, Vive Wireless PCIE card (runs hot), 4 sticks of 16GB Ram 3600, and before I added watercooling I was getting almost 70c on the chipset. I added watercooling to the CPu and GPU and added a 10MM Noctua Fan over the chipset and 3 120 fans just below blowing upward and the chipset still reports around 70c all the time. There is nothing I can do do get it to run lower and it is always withing ~5c of change from boot to running 48 hours. No idea how to get more airflow to it and I cannot seem to lower it. My 2 NVME's that are under the heatshield also run almost 60c and I wish they would not.


    Just out of pure curiosity,
    Did you remove the thin clear film from the chipset chrome?
    This has been the issue for many many people.
    Have a great day all!!

  5. #15
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by nyxagamemnon View Post
    2x 2080TI Water cooled (Custom loop), They usually stay in the 40-50C range (depending on ambient)
    Just out of pure curiosity,
    Did you remove the thin clear film from the chipset chrome?
    This has been the issue for many many people.
    Have a great day all!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •