cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help: Strix 2070 Super advanced could not overclock much

lpf19sam
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I have some questions regarding my overclock result with Strix 2070 super advanced, the overclocked core speed is 1875 mhz for running Time Spy.

Background: Initially I bought a gigabyte 2070 super gaming, it could overclock to 1915 on afterburner. However, I found there are some protrusion on the capacitor thus I went to Canada computers to exchange to the Strix 2070 super advance by paying 60 CAD more, I have test both cards in the same system and the results are shown below.

System: (mb)z97, (cpu)i74790k, (ram)16g ddr3, (Psu)RM850x.

GIGABYTE 2070 super gaming: The overclocked core speed is 1915 mhz, successfully ran Time spy with a GPU score of 10537 and 2070 mhz maximum core speed in scene. temp on 62 degree, had dragged the voltage and power consumption (110 percent) to the max in Afterburner.

Strix 2070 super advance: performance mode on, the overclocked core speed is 1875 mhz, successfully ran Time spy with a GPU score of 10420 and 2010 mhz maximum core speed in scene. temp on 60 degree, also dragged the voltage and power consumption (125 percent) to the max.

They are tested in the same system and I heard a lot of people said Asus cherry picked cores for Strix hence it would outperform than the other card. So I wonder is the result of my currently hold Strix 2070 Super normal? If it is not normal how could I get a higher overclock rate and could you guys give some benchmarks of yours?

PS: I am not sure if I can ask Asus support for this problem, but it is less likely to return the GPU since I have exchange once from GIGA to ROG, If the overclock problem doesn't solve I may just gonna sell this card in a cheaper price even I exchanged to this card for just 3 days.
1 REPLY 1

Yousef997
Level 7
because ASUS GPU not suitable for the OVERCLOCK my 2080 Ti same they are sucks for the OVERCLOCK, the performance is not stable and it will never be i wish i didn't bought this GPU, i will try to sell it and replace it with AORUS 2080 Ti they are amazing.