cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF X570 Wifi Plus issues, PC won't restart

Jmac2010
Level 7
I don't know where to report bugs or issues so I'm posting it here. If it's not allowed, please direct me to the right process. Here's the issue using the template.

Motherboard model: Asus TUF X570 Plus WiFi

UEFI Version: 1405 and 1407

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB: Tforce Delta TUF Edition 8x2GB

GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 AMP Edition

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: Curical P1 500GB NVME and 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

PSU: CM MWE Gold 550W

USB Devices (model/version number):

Monitor: MSI Optix GC241C

CPU Cooler: CM HyperX 212 RGB Black Edition

PC CASE: CM NR600

Operating system: Microsoft Activated yes/no? Activated

Drivers Installed (include version): All updated Drivers

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed: hwinfo64

System Overclocked (provide details)? Conservative GPU OC.

Issue

It started first whenever I tried to restart the PC, It shutsdown but RAM and Mobo lights are on. I would need to shut off all power sources and then turn on the PC to make it boot. The issue also happens if I make any changes in the BIOS and click save and exit. Usually it should automatically restarts the PC but it doesn't work. I tried the latest version which is 1407 and also the last known version which is 1405 but issue still persist. To make the BIOS changes to take in effect the system would shutdown but ram and mobo lights are on, cut off power sources and turn on again. sometimes it works but sometimes I need to clear the cmos to make it boot.
5 REPLIES 5

Jmac2010
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I have confirmed that normal shut down and boot up works but every time I use restart in windows or make changes to the BIOS and would trigger a restart. The system shuts down and looks like in Hibernate or Sleep mode. I need to cut off all power sources to the system turn it back on to make it boot. Anyone experience this issue?

I'm using an X570 Asus TUF mobo but I don't have any Gen 4 device plugged in. I also see an message in device manager saying under Other Devices PCIe device driver is not installed. I only have a GPU and a Crucial P1 nvme installed.

done all troubleshooting steps. Tried dismantling everything and put the mobo on the mobo board with only nvme, GPU, cooler and ram plugged in. Still gets the restart bug and would have ramdom shut down. Gave up on this motherboard.

riply66
Level 7

yes i have the same problem will restart from shut down but a pain to get back when reset. I have no idea either.

I have the same problem ... Windows 11 pro 

I can shut the desktop down and boot it backup again ... fine

Restart does not work.  The system closes and then "hangs" 

If I recall correctly, I do not know if this is still the case with widows 11;

• Shutting  down does not clear the windows "Strat up" data. The start up data allows Windows to boot the system faster and in part, continue where it was before in was shut up (this functionality allowed Windows to start fastest in early releases before processing power recame list of an issue)  
  • Restart clears the widows start up data and therefore gives a clean start

I have installed all the Patches for AMD and Windows 11.

I will continue looking for a solution. If anyone has any points, it would be very helpful.

Regards, Pete

Hello,

Can you confirm what the system hangs on?

Anything on screen?

A QLED on the motherboard lit?

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090