cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 1 Dimm B1&B2 Bad, Bios 2 All Dimms good

Amerifaxx
Level 7
>>Bios 1 Dimm B1&B2 Bad, Bios 2 All Dimms good<<
Asus Rampage V Edition 10 (New Install of the computer)
Why would this happen? I would think they would show the same thing in the BIOS EzMode. Yet the Dram status shows to different results.

I try switching the sticks. I swapped the location of Dimm_B1 & Dimm_D2 and still, EzMode displayed the results as B1 & B2 as bad. Dimm_D2 was good. It seems that the stick that was switched to Dimm_D2 is good.

It now seems the board might be the issue. How can that be?
Bob
5 REPLIES 5

Simplex
Level 7
This make me wonder if your problem and MY problem that I can not use a memory stick in slot A1 or A2 is caused by a screwed up version of ASUS latest BIOS....

Amerifaxx
Level 7
I'm running version UEFI BIOS Utility 2.17.1246 Copyright 2017 American Megatrends. On my new install, I have not upgraded the BIOS yet.
Bob

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Just reflash BIOS 1 using BIOS flashback method

You could also carefully inspect socket and reseat CPU making sure that any ncooling is placed and tightened down evenly, assuring that the CPU is not displaced in the socket.

Amerifaxx
Level 7
I have installed good memory sticks, from another computer, that works well. All show up as good memory, no N/A.

I then install my questionable memory back. This time I swapped A1-A2 & B1-B2 for C1-C2 & D1-D2. In other words, I swapped the position of the 1st 4 sticks with the last 4 sticks. This time the last 4 sticks, C1-C2 & D1-D2 were shown as N/A.

Previously it was B1-B2 that was shown as N/A.

Bob

Amerifaxx
Level 7
It was 2 bad sticks. They are on there way to G.Skill.
Bob