cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix 570-E Stuck on Q code 30

rageaster
Level 7
Hey everyone, I looked around online and all I could find is people saying this is normal but I'm confused why would it show a code if everything's normal?

Like the title suggests, the motherboard is stuck on Q code 30 displaying...

Also while I'm here I'm trying to sync the motherboard and GPU with Corsair lighting but it's not working without using the Jack Sync app. Anyone know how?
34 REPLIES 34

RedSector73
Level 12
Qcode 30 is Reserved for ASL unless you fail to boot the code should mean nothing.
Qcode AA or 40 also mean nothing, successful handoff to OS.

Corsair did a plugin with Asus for RGB lighting to take control for motherboard.

RedSector73 wrote:
Qcode 30 is Reserved for ASL unless you fail to boot the code should mean nothing.
Qcode AA or 40 also mean nothing, successful handoff to OS.

Corsair did a plugin with Asus for RGB lighting to take control for motherboard.

Thanks for the response RedSector, I guess I’ll just ignore it? As for the lighting, I have the plugin but it’s not working it shows the motherboard under iCue and it shows me able to change all the lighting but I can’t it won’t sync anything between the ASUS GPU & MOBO with the RGB fans and AIO pump. 😕

Icue does not play well with asus suite / armour and/or and other RGB software products if installed. It can be frustrating time to get it working, all I can tell you for sure is that it does work on my x570 ch8. So I suspect it will for you as well.

if you do have other rgb programs installed. Uninstall them and icue, reboot and then reinstall icue and see if this gives you control.

In regards to qcode poster, unless the system freezes with a certain qcode '8d' example or displays qcodes that are not AA, 40 or 30 then think of these as 'Successful handoff to OS' which AA & 40 are identified as. I have x370 and x570, they both display one of three variations AA, 40 or 30 and work flawlessly.

RedSector73 wrote:
Icue does not play well with asus suite / armour and/or and other RGB software products if installed. It can be frustrating time to get it working, all I can tell you for sure is that it does work on my x570 ch8. So I suspect it will for you as well.

if you do have other rgb programs installed. Uninstall them and icue, reboot and then reinstall icue and see if this gives you control.

In regards to qcode poster, unless the system freezes with a certain qcode '8d' example or displays qcodes that are not AA, 40 or 30 then think of these as 'Successful handoff to OS' which AA & 40 are identified as. I have x370 and x570, they both display one of three variations AA, 40 or 30 and work flawlessly.

Ok I’ll give that a shot RedSector, hopefully I have everything plugged in correctly. I don’t need anything special to get iCue to control it right? As long as iCue (in my case commander pro device) is plugged in USB to motherboard it should be able to control everything I’m assuming. Also I have another issue with white LED coming on when booting with monitor off. The white LED then stays on until after I reboot. Any idea here? Looked online and seems to be a anomaly that some are just ignoring. Kinda disappointed with the quality of this hardware wasn’t expecting to have so many issues in my first build 

After further analysis I have figured out it seems to be a DisplayPort issue. I think that’s the issue anyway. Because when I have the HDMI cable hooked up from the card to monitor and the monitor is off I never have the issue and the White LED doesn’t stay on. I’ve tried both with restart and shut down. However with the DisplayPort cable both times the white LED stays on. Any idea how I can fix this? Should I buy another cable and see if that’s the issue? I doubt it’s the cable sounds to me like some kind of BIOS issue not recognizing the DisplayPort cable right away at boot.*

UPDATE: Ok so I think I figured out what was causing the white light to stay on. Why? I have no idea but I was messing around with the BIOS settings and I came across CSM Compatibility Support Module. It was disabled so I enabled it and the issue appears to be resolved. Why? Again I have no clue but one thing I did notice is the POST ROG logo and font at bottom is now bigger.*

There was also another option I chose under secure boot I had it set to “Other OS” instead of Windows UEFI... Not sure what this all about but I put it back on Windows. Is there anywhere I can read on what each setting does in this BIOS? There’s so much here I don’t fully comprehend for the most part I’m not messing around with any settings I don’t need to but on the same token I’m probably not unlocking the full power of my computer. *

rageaster wrote:
There was also another option I chose under secure boot I had it set to 'Other OS' instead of Windows UEFI... Not sure what this all about but I put it back on Windows. Is there anywhere I can read on what each setting does in this BIOS? There's so much here I don't fully comprehend for the most part I'm not messing around with any settings I don't need to but on the same token I'm probably not unlocking the full power of my computer.

What other OS and CSM normally used for.

CSM - Compatibility Support Module
The Compatibility Support Module (CSM) is a component of the UEFI firmware that provides legacy BIOS compatibility by emulating a BIOS environment, allowing legacy operating systems and some option ROMs that do not support UEFI to still be used. (ie not needed for windows 10)

CSM also provides required legacy System Management Mode (SMM) functionality as an addition to features provided by the UEFI SMM. This is optional, and highly chipset and platform specific. An example of such a legacy SMM functionality is providing USB legacy support for keyboard and mouse, by emulating their classic PS/2 counterparts.

Here is the normal procedure for install of windows on nvme drive.

1 - Make sure you unplug all SATA and USB drives, the M.2 drive has to be the only drive installed.
2 - Go into the bios, under the boot tab there is an option for CSM, make sure it is disabled.
3 - Click on secure boot option below and make sure it is set to other OS, Not windows UEFI.
4 - Click on key management and clear secure boot keys.
5 - Insert a USB memory stick with a UEFI bootable iso of Windows 10 on it.
6 - Press F10 to save, exit and reboot.
7 - Windows will now start installing to your NVME drive as it has its own NVME driver built in.
8 - When the PC reboots hit F2 to go back into the BIOS, you will see under boot priority that windows boot manager now lists your NVME drive.
9 - Click on secure boot again but now set it to WIndows UEFI mode.
10 - Click on key management and install default secure boot keys
11 - Press F10 to save and exit and windows will finish the install.

Once you have Windows up and running, shutdown the PC and reconnect your other SATA drives from port 0/1 to what you have.

HWinfo can check to see if done correctly, on the bottom right of the system summary, Operating System UEFI Boot (in green) & Secure Boot (in green)

What this does is give fastest speed from nvme boot drive with a secure boot process. The secure boot process can be turned off by selecting 'Other OS' if needed (not needed).

CSM can be turned on or off in Windows 10 however fastest is off.

Hope you find this of help.

RedSector73 wrote:

The Compatibility Support Module (CSM) is a component of the UEFI firmware that provides legacy BIOS compatibility by emulating a BIOS environment, allowing legacy operating systems and some option ROMs that do not support UEFI to still be used. (ie not needed for windows 10)

CSM also provides required legacy System Management Mode (SMM) functionality as an addition to features provided by the UEFI SMM. This is optional, and highly chipset and platform specific. An example of such a legacy SMM functionality is providing USB legacy support for keyboard and mouse, by emulating their classic PS/2 counterparts.

1 - Make sure you unplug all SATA and USB drives, the M.2 drive has to be the only drive installed.
2 - Go into the bios, under the boot tab there is an option for CSM, make sure it is disabled.
3 - Click on secure boot option below and make sure it is set to other OS, Not windows UEFI.
7 - Windows will now start installing to your NVME drive as it has its own NVME driver built in.
8 - When the PC reboots hit F2 to go back into the BIOS, you will see under boot priority that windows boot manager now lists your NVME drive.

Once you have Windows up and running, shutdown the PC and reconnect your other SATA drives from port 0/1 to what you have.

HWinfo can check to see if done correctly, on the bottom right of the system summary, Operating System UEFI Boot (in green) & Secure Boot (in green)

What this does is give fastest speed from nvme boot drive with a secure boot process. The secure boot process can be turned off by selecting 'Other OS' if needed (not needed).

Yeah that definitely helps I’ll look through my system and check HWinfo to see if it’s set up correctly. I don’t ememeber restoring any keys so maybe I need to do that. In either case turning CSM on fixed my issue with the white LED staying on which is extremely weird. ASUS support has no clue as to why either. *

RedSector73 wrote:

I downloaded HWinfo and yeah it’s showing green in both UEFI Boot and Secure Boot. My guess is it probably wasn’t showing this before but I guess it’s too late to check. Either way I appreciate all the help bud. No idea why it was causing the motherboard VGA issue though very strange. Everything seems to be running smoothly so I’ll roll with that for now. One thing I will say is I did a benchmark on 3D Mark and I only got 14k I thought with my setup I would have gotten atleast 16k or higher. Any suggestions on tweaking and optimizing my setup?*

Ryzen 3900x
Asus ROG strix 2080 Ti
32GB 3600mhz DDR 4
1TB Nano M2 SSD*
Cpu liquid HydroX Cooler

Here’s my recently built system *https://imgur.com/a/6SsCfFI

3dmark do you mean timespy test - here is mine https://www.3dmark.com/spy/10545943 I have most of other ones as well if you desire to compare.

Don't trust this program to much especially on recommendations (very much intel pays the bills) but you can try
userbench against my system as reference https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/28121036 if you post your run. I can look at it and see if something is going on that slowing your system (on that it is very good tool regardless of the rest of it's bs and it is free)

Nice system btw.