Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Strix 570-E Stuck on Q code 30

Hey everyone, I looked around online and all I could find is people saying this is normal but I'm confused why would it show a code if everything's normal?

Like the title suggests, the motherboard is stuck on Q code 30 displaying...

Also while I'm here I'm trying to sync the motherboard and GPU with Corsair lighting but it's not working without using the Jack Sync app. Anyone know how?

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

Qcode 30 is Reserved for ASL unless you fail to boot the code should mean nothing.
    Qcode AA or 40 also mean nothing, successful handoff to OS.

Corsair did a plugin with Asus for RGB lighting to take control for motherboard.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by RedSector73 View Post
    Qcode 30 is Reserved for ASL unless you fail to boot the code should mean nothing.
    Qcode AA or 40 also mean nothing, successful handoff to OS.

Corsair did a plugin with Asus for RGB lighting to take control for motherboard.
    Thanks for the response RedSector, I guess I’ll just ignore it? As for the lighting, I have the plugin but it’s not working it shows the motherboard under iCue and it shows me able to change all the lighting but I can’t it won’t sync anything between the ASUS GPU & MOBO with the RGB fans and AIO pump. :/

RedSector73 PC Specs
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

Icue does not play well with asus suite / armour and/or and other RGB software products if installed. It can be frustrating time to get it working, all I can tell you for sure is that it does work on my x570 ch8. So I suspect it will for you as well.

if you do have other rgb programs installed. Uninstall them and icue, reboot and then reinstall icue and see if this gives you control.

In regards to qcode poster, unless the system freezes with a certain qcode '8d' example or displays qcodes that are not AA, 40 or 30 then think of these as 'Successful handoff to OS' which AA & 40 are identified as. I have x370 and x570, they both display one of three variations AA, 40 or 30 and work flawlessly.
    Last edited by RedSector73; 05-14-2020 at 05:37 AM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH II EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 3960X
    Memory (part number)TXBD48G4000HC18FBK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970/960/950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB/Samsung 1TBSSDs
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Dimastech Easy XL...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic 1000 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe MK2 ROG Claymore... or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse Corsair M65Pro or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

30 and 40 are recovery from S3 and S4 sleep respectively

RedSector73 PC Specs
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    30 and 40 are recovery from S3 and S4 sleep respectively
    Thank you for this information.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH II EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 3960X
    Memory (part number)TXBD48G4000HC18FBK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970/960/950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB/Samsung 1TBSSDs
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Dimastech Easy XL...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic 1000 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe MK2 ROG Claymore... or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse Corsair M65Pro or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

You're welcome

If you are seeing this and you think you are switching off your machine...it will be fast startup in Windows....hibernating instead of switching off PC.

You can disable fast start up in power options menu....

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    You're welcome

If you are seeing this and you think you are switching off your machine...it will be fast startup in Windows....hibernating instead of switching off PC.

You can disable fast start up in power options menu....
    This is some good info thanks! Should I disable fast startup? Any idea why I get a white LED on ASUS motherboard when I boot PC with monitor off? If I turn monitor on first it doesn’t do it. It’s annoying because white light stays on. I contacted ASUS about it I told them everything else seems to be working fine but they want me to RMA the 2080 Ti and I’m going to be without a card for 3-4 weeks? Might just return to Amazon and buy another? 🤔😔

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by RedSector73 View Post
    Icue does not play well with asus suite / armour and/or and other RGB software products if installed. It can be frustrating time to get it working, all I can tell you for sure is that it does work on my x570 ch8. So I suspect it will for you as well.

if you do have other rgb programs installed. Uninstall them and icue, reboot and then reinstall icue and see if this gives you control.

In regards to qcode poster, unless the system freezes with a certain qcode '8d' example or displays qcodes that are not AA, 40 or 30 then think of these as 'Successful handoff to OS' which AA & 40 are identified as. I have x370 and x570, they both display one of three variations AA, 40 or 30 and work flawlessly.
    Ok I’ll give that a shot RedSector, hopefully I have everything plugged in correctly. I don’t need anything special to get iCue to control it right? As long as iCue (in my case commander pro device) is plugged in USB to motherboard it should be able to control everything I’m assuming. Also I have another issue with white LED coming on when booting with monitor off. The white LED then stays on until after I reboot. Any idea here? Looked online and seems to be a anomaly that some are just ignoring. Kinda disappointed with the quality of this hardware wasn’t expecting to have so many issues in my first build 😔

New ROGer Array

After further analysis I have figured out it seems to be a DisplayPort issue. I think that’s the issue anyway. Because when I have the HDMI cable hooked up from the card to monitor and the monitor is off I never have the issue and the White LED doesn’t stay on. I’ve tried both with restart and shut down. However with the DisplayPort cable both times the white LED stays on. Any idea how I can fix this? Should I buy another cable and see if that’s the issue? I doubt it’s the cable sounds to me like some kind of BIOS issue not recognizing the DisplayPort cable right away at boot.*

UPDATE: Ok so I think I figured out what was causing the white light to stay on. Why? I have no idea but I was messing around with the BIOS settings and I came across CSM Compatibility Support Module. It was disabled so I enabled it and the issue appears to be resolved. Why? Again I have no clue but one thing I did notice is the POST ROG logo and font at bottom is now bigger.*

There was also another option I chose under secure boot I had it set to “Other OS” instead of Windows UEFI... Not sure what this all about but I put it back on Windows. Is there anywhere I can read on what each setting does in this BIOS? There’s so much here I don’t fully comprehend for the most part I’m not messing around with any settings I don’t need to but on the same token I’m probably not unlocking the full power of my computer. *
    Last edited by rageaster; 05-14-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast