cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Mothership GZ700 with 10th Generation i9 coming soon?

alienbaby
Level 7
Team,

I'm interested in purchasing an Asus ROG Mothership GZ700, but the current model ships with an i9-9980HK which was available last year.

I have reason to suspect they are on the verge of upgrading this processor, because when I visit this Amazon link and then attempt to upgrade the processor in the description, Amazon shows "This item will be released on June 8, 2020". But the confusing thing is, it automatically switches away from the Mothership GZ700 and on to a different laptop entirely (ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo).

https://www.amazon.com/Mothership-Display-GeForce-i9-9980HK-GZ700GX-XB98K/dp/B0812P6PTW/ref=sr_1_2?d...

Due to this confusing Amazon ad where you try to upgrade the processor on the GZ700 to a 10th generation i9 and it automatically switches over to a different 15" laptop that is coming soon, do you believe we are on the verge of seeing a new Asus Mothership GZ700 with an upgraded processor any time soon? If they are about to upgrade teh Zephyrus Duo with a 10th Generation i9, will they also apply that upgrade to the GZ700 this coming June as well?
2 REPLIES 2

erika1234
Level 7
I think it's a matter of time and patience and they have to update it

erika1234 wrote:
I think it's a matter of time and patience and they have to update it

I don't disagree that it will take time and patience, but Asus is still charging top dollar for last year's model on their retail website and it would be a shame to pay so much money for something that will quickly be upgraded to a faster processor so soon after the purchase. That is why I am trying to determine if the GZ700 will also receive a 10th generation i9 with their other laptops that are about to release in early June.