cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Ghosting? G752VS - 75Hz

Darnassus
Status Under Review
After playing some games when I did a reinstall of my OS, I noticed I have some really odd screen ghosting.

Anyone know of a fix? Not sure what I've messed up.. or if I've after 4 years, just realised this issue.

A game I started playing has shown some really weird ghosting at times and it psychs me out..

Here's some test results.

Is the screen on the G752VS a 60Hz OC'ed up to 75Hz? Or is it natively 75Hz? I'm tempted to overclock it to 90Hz to reduce this effect.

2 REPLIES 2

jdfrench3
Level 12
The G752vs with i7 6700HQ CPU comes with either a 120Hz or 60Hz display.

In the NVIDIA control panel, can you change refresh rate to 60Hz? Is there even the option to change?

Check the Device Manager for any Display Adapter problems noted. Check the NVIDIA driver.

I think I ran across this problem before, reinstall NVIDIA driver. Delete existing driver then reboot, allow Windows to reinstall. Windows should detect the NVIDIA display adapter and install a generic driver, then go to NVIDIA website and download latest driver.

I use GeForce Experience to download latest drivers.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Darnassus
Status Under Review
https://i.imgur.com/KEax3jp.png Says 75Hz as advertised.. but I don't know.

I overclocked it to 90Hz and it seemed to help, but I am beginning to think I may be using a bad Anti Aliasing setting.