Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    New ROGer Array

Love the build!

But do you use one pump only for it? Or the Alphacool VPP655 - D5 Pump + another pump in the reservoir?
    Is one pump enough for the entire loop?

Thanks a bunch and keep up the good work!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Just the one pump mate, works perfectly, peoples obsession with multiple pumps is daft in 95% of cases.

Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
    i7 3770K @ 4.4ghz
    AMD 7970 HD x3 in TriFire @ 1200/1800.
    2x 240GHZ OCZ Vertex 3 SSD & 1x 512Gb Vertex 4
    16GB 2133mhz Patriot DDR3
    Ennermax Max Revo 1500w PSU
    Huge water loop with an internal EK 340mm & external Supernova 1260mm
    Windows 7 64 bit.

Aquaero Fan control & monitoring

New ROGer Array

Awesome! And thanks for the answer.

The Phobya 1260 rad looks like a beast too! But is it "overkill" or do you truly recommend it to someone?
    If it would cool my entire system down by a great margin, then it's a no-brainer!

Anyways, thanks again mate! Really appreciate it.

welcome to the forum sinte stol
    well you cant cool it to under ambient temp ( room temp ).
    the best is to get it all in to a case, but if your going to oc on high frequensies then a rad setup like stu have is the best.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

For 90% of users its overkill mate.
    The reason I went with it is that I like to run passive, IE: Totally silent. Its rare my fans ever come on at all and when they do they are at around 200rpm so still silent since I sit over a meters away from them.

I like that as I use my PC for a living and spend many hours on it into the small hours of the morning and for some reason the sound of fans really distracts me. The only way I could achieve that aim with so many heat sources in my build was to have a lot of water and a lot of water/air heat exchanger area.

incidentally, All my benching is done on a dedicated SSD so as not to risk compromising my work data.
    Last edited by Stu @ MSD; 03-26-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
    i7 3770K @ 4.4ghz
    AMD 7970 HD x3 in TriFire @ 1200/1800.
    2x 240GHZ OCZ Vertex 3 SSD & 1x 512Gb Vertex 4
    16GB 2133mhz Patriot DDR3
    Ennermax Max Revo 1500w PSU
    Huge water loop with an internal EK 340mm & external Supernova 1260mm
    Windows 7 64 bit.

Aquaero Fan control & monitoring

New ROGer Array

Hallå, hallå! And thanks!

My room temperature is quite low though, because I like it nice n' cold! I'd say about 16-17 at best. You'd be right if you guessed that my summers are hell.

I'm not sure about overclocking the gpu's too much, I like keeping those things as close to stock as possible. My i7 3770k is running stable at 4.8 GHz (30 degrees/55 degrees idle/load thanks to the big-ass Noctua D14 cooler). So it's not too bad. As for my current setup I only have one 7970 GHz card, but the others are arriving next month. I've seen the temperature on my single gpu go well over 50 degrees, and I could only imagine what two additional cards would bring me.

The problem is, though... that the 7970 GHz is not reference. It's re-made, and, damn... that ain't too good! No full waterblock will fit the card. A block for the gpu chip will fit, surely, but then I have to get some kind of bridge edition (see link), and another bridge adapter that would allow a full loop through all gpu's. And I don't even know if that will cool the cards enough in the first place! Not even sure if my Gigabyte's stock coolers are similar or better? I doubt... but I really can't tell. Gigabyte is using the "3x Windforce" crap.

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vga-supr...e-edition.html

Anyways. Now I have ruined an otherwise awesome thread. So I'll keep the problems to myself...

Thanks!

New ROGer Array

****... I just wrote the longest reply ever and it wasn't posted!

Hallå, hallå kkn, and thanks for the welcome!

I'm just gonna keep it simple, and not ruin this awesome thread, by saying that I like it super cold and, if possible, very quiet. It's not, however, very important as I could just turn up the volume or put the earphones on. But I like it cold, and with three 7970 Ghz's there will be plenty of heat in the case.

The problem I have though, is that the 7970 cards are not reference. You can't fit a full waterblock on them... which sucks. So I would have to go with the EK Supremacy bridge edition (see link). And I don't even know if those are enough to cool the entire card. I truly can't tell if they are better than my Gigabyte's 7970 "3 x Windforce" stock cooler. But my plan would be to get three bridges and then the EK VGA adapter (or bridge) to create a full loop through all gpu's.

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vga-supr...e-edition.html

I'm a bit lost at the moment with loads of questions, but I don't want to ruin the thread any further, so I'll keep thinking about it in my sleep instead.

Thanks a bunch for the replies!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4