cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agesa 1.0.0.5 for Rog Crosshair VIII Hero

digmeahole1
Level 10
Almost a month and not even a beta bios.......

I mean come on... Msi had it out for weeks now. Wake up Asus. Critical updates in there that we need.

Republic of Guess who's not getting bios updates?
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free" R.R.
42 REPLIES 42

fredepf
Level 7
digmeahole1 wrote:

I mean come on... Msi had it out for weeks now. Wake up Asus. Critical updates in there that we need.

I agree whit you .
Asus have to do something.

james702283
Level 7
digmeahole1 wrote:

Yeah, the support from Asus so far has been disappointing for my CH8 Wifi. I will probably go back to an MSI board if this continues.

This is getting ridiculous, where is an update to BIOS? Both MSI and Gigabyte updated their X570 boards with new BIOS, both budget and flagship.

I recently build new PC with AMD Ryzen 9 3900, decided to go all out and buy "premium" Motherboard which was Asus Crosshair VIII Hero, which was more expensive than Aurus Extreme or MSI Godlike for me. My previous PC was Intel i7 5820k on MSI X99 SLI-Plus, a budget X99 board back in 2015. Yet it has more features than Asus boards. And it kept getting BIOS updates up until 2019, 5 years after it's release!

I mean, I won't replace my board now, since it works, but definitely this makes me don't want to go with Asus in future. Not to mention that Asus UEFI BIOS is garbage compared to MSI. Who was the genius who decided to rename XMP to some bull**** like DOCP?

Derpcrawler wrote:
This is getting ridiculous, where is an update to BIOS? Both MSI and Gigabyte updated their X570 boards with new BIOS, both budget and flagship.

I recently build new PC with AMD Ryzen 9 3900, decided to go all out and buy "premium" Motherboard which was Asus Crosshair VIII Hero, which was more expensive than Aurus Extreme or MSI Godlike for me. My previous PC was Intel i7 5820k on MSI X99 SLI-Plus, a budget X99 board back in 2015. Yet it has more features than Asus boards. And it kept getting BIOS updates up until 2019, 5 years after it's release!

I mean, I won't replace my board now, since it works, but definitely this makes me don't want to go with Asus in future. Not to mention that Asus UEFI BIOS is garbage compared to MSI. Who was the genius who decided to rename XMP to some bull**** like DOCP?

And besides being late every bios release seems to bring a new issue, at least for me (X470F Gaming), I have had Asus boards since my first PC back in 2004, this was my last, overpriced and terrible support.

liakou
Level 7
A new AGESA release...!
Here we go again :rolleyes:

digmeahole1
Level 10
No date but i got this from them promising an update. If you read into it we may be waiting until September.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free" R.R.

digmeahole1 wrote:
No date but i got this from them promising an update. If you read into it we may be waiting until September.

Or until some month after the Zen 3 release, weak souls must be tempted to buy new motherboards I guess, only thing is with this slow support weak souls may as well buy MSI to no benefit for Asus and no positive reps on the forums
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

xeizo wrote:
Or until some month after the Zen 3 release, weak souls must be tempted to buy new motherboards I guess, only thing is with this slow support weak souls may as well buy MSI to no benefit for Asus and no positive reps on the forums

You know i tried MSI and I hated there BIOS and there overclocking tools. I have not had a Gigabyte board since core two due. Gigabyte made a good bios back then. Maybe i will try them next time.

Derpcrawler wrote:
Calling XMP a "D.O.C.P" in Asus BIOS tell you enough about how stupid Asus BIOS is.

It's not very smart to say that, as DOCP is actually a different standard, developed by ASUS for use in AMD motherboards. Other manufacturers developed their own similar ones, though (MSI calls it A-XMP).