New ROGer Array

Angry GX701GX keyboard not working after firmware update

I received an update notification from MyAsus yesterday telling that I need to update the KB Firmware update tool V2.2.4. However, after running the firmware updater my keyboard is now dead. The keyboard does not work in either Windows or Bios. I guess this is some kind of firmware problem.

I tried to find KB Firmware update tool V2.2.4 on the support website but I failed. The online chat service asks me to reinstall windows to solve a firmware problem which is totally bull****.

Anyone having the same problem please leave a comment under this thread and let's see if there is a solution. I don't want my 3k pounds laptop becomes useless trash.

New ROGer Array

Contacted support and they sent me a file via email and now the issue is fixed.

New ROGer Array

Same thing happened to me with my GX701GWR, after digging a bit deeper I've found the hotfix tries to update the firmware for the recent BIOS 308 update, so if you didn't manage to flash it to 308 it will BSOD and brick your keyboard.
    And of course MyAsus doesn't even bother to check nor does the firmware update tool what bios the notebook is running which is telling how little though asus puts in their software.
    Support was essentialy clueless about the issue so I've filed for RMA.

Moderator Array

Dear all,
    Would you be so kind to PM me your SN?
    I have reported this issue and would like to have more information about it.
    Thank you so much.

New ROGer Array

Keyboard issue

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pain View Post
    Contacted support and they sent me a file via email and now the issue is fixed.
    Can you please send me the link? Having the exact same issue. Some keys are not working.

Thanks