cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gx502 bios update v310

dvrko
Level 8
Has anyone tried this update, can confirm that it is safe to update, what's the changelog, I'd like a more precise changelog from asus other than improved system stability
edit: asus site is currently broke too so the only way I have to download drivers is from my asus sh**ty app which I don't like cause it doesn't let me see the date of the updates, also in the armoury crate software it came an update of a software called HAL can anyone describe it?
9 REPLIES 9

dvrko
Level 8
well I ended up updating and it ****ed up my undervolt settings throught throttlestop, avoid this update if you use the app
edit: come on asus this is a big deal for me, I understand it was necessary to patch this vulnerability throught which undervolting apps could undervolt the laptop and that explains why the intel microcode update throught bios but a lot of users are experiencing really high temps (95c for me) with this hot i7-9750 and your poor thermal paste at least give us a change to undervolt through bios cause I really couldn't be arsed to let my laptop die in 2 years with these high temps

Alright asus I'm really getting mad rn I usually use my laptop with headphones and I haven't unplugged them in a few days, today I decided to unplug them as I was watching a show and goddammit now my speaker aren't working anymore is it safe to revert back to previous bios version please someone reply

dvrko wrote:
Alright asus I'm really getting mad rn I usually use my laptop with headphones and I haven't unplugged them in a few days, today I decided to unplug them as I was watching a show and goddammit now my speaker aren't working anymore is it safe to revert back to previous bios version please someone reply

I just updated....to BIOS 310 ...my audio died and my boost clock settings in Armoury crate was gone.....Here is the fix i did.....

I was regularly getting blue screens before on 308 whenever i used the windows Netflix app (get rid of it and use the browser...that thing is garbage).... that is why i wanted to upgrade to 310 bios. Stuck with Asus drivers (didn't update my graphics drivers past the one that came with..... mostly all other drivers are as what came originally. My honest opinion.... one that i learned after a hard lesson.... (reset this laptop a total 7 times from scratch).......

Reset the laptop using the restore this pc option in windows...... make sure you install the MyAsus app and armourycrate app from the MICROSOFT store (not anywhere else)...... uninstall GEforce experience and keep the stock drivers (you dont need the USB C driver for the nvidia graphics also.....dont need it. This is the best scenario for rock solid stability and battery-life. And for christ sake.... disable driver updates in windows update. There is some registry script thing for that online. That is exactly what i did. Now rock solid stable. All necessary windows updates installed as of today (windows defender updates etc...... not drivers)

nathanjobs91 wrote:
I just updated....to BIOS 310 ...my audio died and my boost clock settings in Armoury crate was gone.....Here is the fix i did.....

I was regularly getting blue screens before on 308 whenever i used the windows Netflix app (get rid of it and use the browser...that thing is garbage).... that is why i wanted to upgrade to 310 bios. Stuck with Asus drivers (didn't update my graphics drivers past the one that came with..... mostly all other drivers are as what came originally. My honest opinion.... one that i learned after a hard lesson.... (reset this laptop a total 7 times from scratch).......

Reset the laptop using the restore this pc option in windows...... make sure you install the MyAsus app and armourycrate app from the MICROSOFT store (not anywhere else)...... uninstall GEforce experience and keep the stock drivers (you dont need the USB C driver for the nvidia graphics also.....dont need it. This is the best scenario for rock solid stability and battery-life. And for christ sake.... disable driver updates in windows update. There is some registry script thing for that online. That is exactly what i did. Now rock solid stable. All necessary windows updates installed as of today (windows defender updates etc...... not drivers)

might just downgrade to 308 the lack of undervolt really bothers me

nathanjobs91 wrote:

I'm having this same issue with throttle stop now not working and audio, I fixed the audio by updating the audio driver....thought I was be smart and updated other outdated drivers.

Can someone tell me which driver update blocked undervolting and can we confirm whether or not we can roll back and which driver is? Been contemplating taking it back to best buy for an un updated one lol......

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
Thank you so much for your feedback,
may I double confirm with you that if adjusting GPU frequency is still available like in below FAQ?
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042378/
but using other app like throttlestop, is no longer working.
I will check on the audio issue as well.

You may use EZ flash to downgrade BIOS, just like upgrade.
Thank you.

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
Please refer to below notice from Intel
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055804/processors.html?wapkw=SA-00289
We will follow this by BIOS update for all model affected.
Really sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for your continued support and patronage.

Hello nathanjobs91,
How is your Armoury Crate now?

Thank you very much.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Dear all,
From now on,we are not supporting adjusting volt by third-party apps.
We will update BIOS gradually for this issue.
the clock setting in Armoury Crate will remain.
Really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Hello nathanjobs91,
How is your Armoury Crate now?

Thank you very much.

Armoury crate latest version as of today is working fine so far. Still wish undervolt was unlocked again somehow. Temps are crazy during gaming. 98 degrees celcius is like the new normal.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello nathanjobs91,
Thank you for your reply and feedback.