cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RGB turns off when monitor goes to sleep

MorePower
Level 8
Is this some kind of new feature? I noticed recently that when my monitor goes to sleep all the RGB (mobo, gpu, ram, AIO) turns off. The PC is still ON just the monitor that goes to sleep. Is there an option to leave the RGB ON?
38 REPLIES 38

Etharr
Level 8
Same issue here, since last Armoury Update.

NELSONTHE2ND
Level 7
I just noticed it my self. I thought it had something to do with the new 1502 Bios for my motherboard. I had to change some power settings in Windows to keep the ARGB from completely turning off when it went into hibernation mode.

Hi guys! I have the same problem, inicialy i thought it was armoury crate problem so i uninstall all armoury crate things, reinstall, update the program, my BIOS and nothing! So i try uninstall armoury crate again and all the stuff related to the program and i install aura sync and the problem persists, so i dont know how to solve this... its not a big problem but its cool to have the rgb on everytime :cool:

Same here, looks like a new "feature" was added in the last update... I see in the lighting service log files that prior to 5/15 there are entries for the computer power state changing when the monitors turn off, but no actions... After 5/15 every time it happens the lighting service is shutdown...

If you roll back to an older lighting service version this behavior stops, but Armory Crate quickly and silently updates to the newer version and this starts happening again...

Is there any configuration to choose this behavior? I'd like to leave the Aura going when the monitors are off, but understand others may want it the other way.

pbryan wrote:
Same here, looks like a new "feature" was added in the last update... I see in the lighting service log files that prior to 5/15 there are entries for the computer power state changing when the monitors turn off, but no actions... After 5/15 every time it happens the lighting service is shutdown...

If you roll back to an older lighting service version this behavior stops, but Armory Crate quickly and silently updates to the newer version and this starts happening again...

Is there any configuration to choose this behavior? I'd like to leave the Aura going when the monitors are off, but understand others may want it the other way.

With Aura Sync i have automatic updates too? I uninstall armoury crate, i like more Aura Sync!

Not sure there... I liked using the Aura Creator to make a custom pattern, and it requires Armoury Crate and does auto updates... with just the basic Aura Sync you might be able to use the older Lighting Service and not get forced into an update.

pbryan wrote:
Not sure there... I liked using the Aura Creator to make a custom pattern, and it requires Armoury Crate and does auto updates... with just the basic Aura Sync you might be able to use the older Lighting Service and not get forced into an update.

im not sure because i uninstall everything related with armoury crate and did a 1st time install of aura sync and i have the same problem. So i hope aura sync do an auto update.

MorePower
Level 8
If this is a new feature I wish they would provide an option to enable/disable it.

MorePower wrote:
If this is a new feature I wish they would provide an option to enable/disable it.

Exactly... this one simple thing would turn this from a problem to a feature.

Also, at least in my case, it doesn't turn all the lights off when the monitor turns off, but it stops running the service that animates them, so they just freeze wherever they were. If the goal was to use less power, or make everything go dark when the monitor(s) are off, you'd think they'd blank out all the LED's first. IMO it looks really stupid when it's stuck in mid-animation.