cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G731GV Keyboard Lighting problems

Kripto95
Level 7
Hey guys
I have a problem there and I don't understand why my keyboard lighting is not working.
My laptop: Asus Rog G731GV
the botton/side led works but unfortunately I can only switch the color of the lower led bar via Armory Crate or Aura Core.
The LED from the keyboard are still out.
How do I switch on the keyboard lighting? 😞
7 REPLIES 7

Kripto95
Level 7
Hey guys
I have a problem there and I don't understand why my keyboard lighting is not working.
My laptop: Asus Rog G731GV
the botton/side led works but unfortunately I can only switch the color of the lower led bar via Armory Crate or Aura Core.
The LED from the keyboard are still out.
How do I switch on the keyboard lighting? 😞

I do not have your laptop, but do the keyboard keys work listed in the user’s manual on page 37?

pndiode wrote:
I do not have your laptop, but do the keyboard keys work listed in the user’s manual on page 37?

With the key combination I can only control the lower (side) LED bar but the keyboard remains off. Which side do you mean?

Did you install the ROG Keyboard Firmware update tool Version V2.2.3?

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Strix-SCAR-III/HelpDesk_Download/

Return your laptop to seller and ask for assistance.

If they are no help, take laptop to local service center for repair.

If there is no local service center, then return laptop to ASUS for repair/replacement.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

I have already downloaded the hot key fix but it doesn't work. I've tried everything but nothing works and my laptop comes 3 days ago from the Asus center because the bottom/side LED was defective. LoL! Good Job..
But thanks a lot guys.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Kripto95,
Do you mean you just send your device to repair because of the side LED, and then after repair, the keyboard backlight is no longer working?
Please kindly send your device to service center.
Please PM me your SN and RMA number, thank you.