ROG Member Array

Z690 Hero - RAID Controller error in Device Manager

Hi Everyone!
    I noticed after i installed Windows 10 (and i tried windows 11 previously as well and the same thing happens), that in device manager, the RAID Controller has a yellow icon and exclamation mark. As if it's not installed properly and it can't find drivers for it online either.
    There was a bunch of other peripherals listed there but after installing ASUS Armory Crate and updating all of the drivers/apps through it, they all got updated - EXCEPT the RAID Controller still shows as if there's an issue

I'm using a 12900k, Rog Maximus Z690 Hero Mobo, DDR5-5200 Corsair Dominator Ram, and 1 m.2 NVME samsung 980 pro in the 1st m.2 slot above the pcie slots (not using the ROG Hyper pcie card currently) - no other hdd's or ssd's in the system at all.

Any ideas of what I should do to fix this?

New ROGer Array

I have the exact same issue with a Tuf Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4 along with all the Serial IO drivers with yellow marks. I'm just using one m.2 nvme drive, no Raid at all. The only way I could get rid of the Raid controller was to install the Intel Irst driver with the VMD controller. I have the Sata controllers diabled in the Bios and I think you can disable the VMD controller. Why it wants a Raid controller I could never determine.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mothman07 View Post
    I have the exact same issue with a Tuf Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4 along with all the Serial IO drivers with yellow marks. I'm just using one m.2 nvme drive, no Raid at all. The only way I could get rid of the Raid controller was to install the Intel Irst driver with the VMD controller. I have the Sata controllers diabled in the Bios and I think you can disable the VMD controller. Why it wants a Raid controller I could never determine.
    Support answered back and told me to download the SATA drivers, i did that and it went away. Seems all good so far.

New ROGer Array

Yes I did that too. But it doesn't make sense to need Intel Irst Sata drivers when they are disabled in the Bios and there's no Raid used. I bet alot of other Asus Z690 users have these issues and just haven't checked their Device Manager.
    I've built both a Gigabyte and MSI Z690 PC and neither have any of the Asus Raid controller, Intel IO Driver or other Unknown device issues. I think there's a fundamental Bios issue that Asus needs to address.